New International Dictionary of NT Theology Abridged Resource Type Wrong

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 10 2022 4:40 PM

Why is the abridged version of NIDNTTE listed as an encyclopedia and not a lexicon like the parent resource?

Posts 36342
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 16 2022 4:07 PM

weekly bump to give the post visibility and, hopefully, an answer 5

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 552
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 17 2022 5:32 PM

NIDNTT, Abridged is similar to TDNT, Abridged... it is arranged according to Greek words, not English (NIDNTT is arranged according to English words). So NIDNTT, Abridged would fit properly into "Lexicon" category.

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2022 3:36 AM

Leo Wee Fah:

NIDNTT, Abridged is similar to TDNT, Abridged... it is arranged according to Greek words, not English (NIDNTT is arranged according to English words). So NIDNTT, Abridged would fit properly into "Lexicon" category.

This explanation does not make sense.

Posts 552
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 18 2022 8:29 PM

I mean, NIDNTT-Abridged should be 'lexicon', similar to that of TDNT-Abridged.

Sorry I don't have NIDNTT.., as I understand, it is grouped under English words, so not sure whether it is 'lexicon'. 

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 19 2022 5:02 AM

Leo Wee Fah:

I mean, NIDNTT-Abridged should be 'lexicon', similar to that of TDNT-Abridged.

Sorry I don't have NIDNTT.., as I understand, it is grouped under English words, so not sure whether it is 'lexicon'. 

The unabridged type is Lexicon

Posts 60
Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2022 2:10 PM

I am also curious as to why the NIDNTT is not typed as a Lexicon.

Also, is there any plans to connect the links within "Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament Words" to the NIDNTT-A? 

That would be very beneficial. 

(see below )

FORMER

Old Testament

Adjective: רִאשׁוֹן (riʾšôn), GK 8037 (S 7223), 182×. As an adjective, riʾšôn describes what is first in a series or rank. In terms of time, riʾšôn can convey the meaning “previously, in a former time.” See first.

New Testament

Adjective: πρότερος (proteros), GK 4728 (S 4386, 4387), 11×. proteros is a comparative adjective that denotes a period of time preceding another period of time, “earlier, former.” proteros appears both as an adjective (Eph 4:22; Heb 10:32; 1 Pet. 1:14) and an adverb (Jn 7:50; Heb 7:27). Paul says in Gal 4:13, “it was because of an illness that I first preached the gospel to you.” See NIDNTT-A, 501–2.

William D. Mounce, Mounce’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old & New Testament Words (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2006), 268.

Posts 6115
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2022 10:30 AM

Sounds like a question for Kyle. (If this thread began "Kyle:", he would probably have found it already.)

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 2760
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2022 6:56 AM

David Taylor Jr:

You caught me in a loop! Tongue Tied I clicked on this link which took me to the other thread then I clicked on the link that you posted in that thread that brought me back here. Fortunately, I figured out the cross-post after just 3 clicks

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2022 8:10 AM

David Thomas:

David Taylor Jr:

You caught me in a loop! Tongue Tied I clicked on this link which took me to the other thread then I clicked on the link that you posted in that thread that brought me back here. Fortunately, I figured out the cross-post after just 3 clicks

OOPS! My bad!

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 3 2022 4:49 PM

Fixed. Thanks for letting us know.

Posts 552
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2022 12:09 AM

Thanks..Yes

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS