Eberhard Jüngel

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19310
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 3 2010 2:41 AM

I've just been reading a bit on 20th century theologian Eberhard Jüngel (in this blog post and other places) and am intrigued by him. I found that I've got Jungel's Justification: The Heart of the Christian Faith (Portfolio). But I'd like to see some of the works recommended by the bloggers who have introduced me to Jüngel's thought:

By Jüngel:

• God as the Mystery of the World: On the Foundation of the Theology of the Crucified One in the Dispute between Theism and Atheism (T&T Clark, 1999)
  • Karl Barth: A Theological Legacy (Westminster John Knox Press, 1986)
  • God's Being Is in Becoming: The Trinitarian Being of God in the Theology of Karl Barth (T&T Clark, 2004)
  • Theological Essays I & II (T&T Clark, 1989 & 1994)

About Jüngel's theology:

• John B. Webster, Eberhard Jüngel: An Introduction to his Theology (Cambridge, 1991)
  • John B. Webster, ed., The Possibilities of Theology: Studies in the Theology of Eberhard Jüngel (T&T Clark, 1995)
  • Paul J. DeHart , Beyond the Necessary God: Trinitarian Faith and Philosophy in the Thought of Eberhard Jüngel (American Academy of Religion, 2000)
Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 2:33 PM

Thank you, Rosie!          ..........   enjoyed the blog    .........   You piqued my interest in Jungel.  I have Portfolio also, but I couldn't find Jungel.  Maybe you got "Justification: ...." in a different collection????

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 19310
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 3:01 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

Thank you, Rosie!          ..........   enjoyed the blog    .........   You piqued my interest in Jungel.  I have Portfolio also, but I couldn't find Jungel.  Maybe you got "Justification: ...." in a different collection????

Ah yes, you're right. Turns out I got it as part of the Theology and Doctrine Collection. It's also available standalone, but much less expensive if you get it as part of the collection. And there's a bunch of other good stuff in that collection. For someone who owns Portfolio already, I think it would be a great addition next time you're thinking of spending another couple hundred dollars for some meaty works. It works out to about $13 per book. Not bad, given these are all pricey T&T Clark monographs, most of which sell for $72 and higher individually.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS