Is there a bug in the forum software?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5998
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 23 2022 2:05 AM

When using my M1 MacMini, I find that my posts to the forums that include a screenshot appear correctly at first but on subsequent visits the screen shots do not show.

When using my intel based MacBook the screenshots show as normal.

Anybody else having a similar experience?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 30857
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2022 5:21 AM

This is a known issue with an unknown cause. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1488
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2022 6:40 AM

I’ve noticed this on my iPad, but it’s not a problem on my Windows PC. 

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1665
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2022 8:01 AM

Yes, and no.

I don't have any problem displaying 'my' uploaded images in forum posts. But some, especially from Amber(?) don't display (I don't use Amber). 

Posts 9179
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2022 8:23 AM

JT (alabama24):

This is a known issue with an unknown cause. 

Oh no, the cause is a known cause for sure.  We need an up-to-date forum software.  This one has too many glitches and is too old!  New forums is something that has been requested in the past, but the request has been denied; hence, the need to get used to all the bugs, no matter what 😁

DAL

Posts 30857
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2022 8:56 AM

DAL:
We need an up-to-date forum software.  This one has too many glitches and is too old!

I have another organization's forums which I post in frequently. Their forum software is much more "up to date." There are things I like about it (i.e. more mobile friendly). However, there are many things which I don't like about it. For the purposes of Logos, I am generally happy with the forums, despite the "bugs." 

Some users have suggested moving to Faithlife.com. Going to a "new" system isn't necessarily better. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 64
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2022 9:16 AM

JT (alabama24):

Going to a "new" system isn't necessarily better. 

Agreed

I remember the switch from the former forums to the current…and the discussion…

Posts 5658
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2022 7:59 PM

JT (alabama24):
Some users have suggested moving to Faithlife.com. Going to a "new" system isn't necessarily better. 

I would probably never post again if that happened. I have never encountered a platform so inscrutable in my life. When I somehow accidentally end up on a Faithlife page, I usually try to find a way to click away immediately...but since their pages seem unnavigable, I usually just close the window altogether.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5998
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 2:10 AM

JT (alabama24):

David Paul:
I would probably never post again if that happened. I have never encountered a platform so inscrutable in my life

Well there you go! Here I am agreeing with David Paul - would you ever...?

The Faithlife.com version of forums are the very epitomy of disrespect for customers. If they ever became the norm I too would be off like a shot.

It galls me that in order to get a post acknowledged in the Proclaim forum I have to go to Faithlife.com to point them to it.

I am so sorry that there isn't an opportunity to click an 'affirm', 'amen' or 'Praise the Lord' button!

(For the avoidance of doubt the line above skirts the edges of irony and sarcasm probably more the latter)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1665
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 5:12 AM

Mike Binks:

Well there you go! Here I am agreeing with David Paul - would you ever...?

Ditto.

It was a real opportunity lost, but inscrutable is a FL design requirement. I still battle the Text Comparison resource chooser after 13 years.

Overheard conversation at Bellingham High:

”Look. The design is just too easy. And the inscrutable index is far below par. Our make-another-video team isn’t going to be happy with this …”

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS