Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Cindy Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 25 2022 4:41 PM

I just purchased the free version of logos 9.  The email said if I had Logos 8, that 9 would install automatically.  9 is showing up on my iPhone app but not on my mac computer.  I have restarted my computer and still nothing.  Is there something else I should try?

Posts 1635
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2022 5:10 PM

Me too, updating.

I went to: https://www.logos.com/install 

Posts 26049
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2022 10:45 PM

Cindy Brown:
 Is there something else I should try?

Did you already have Logos 8 running on this computer?

What MacOS version do you have?

Posts 346
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 5:21 AM

Graham Criddle:
Did you already have Logos 8 running on this computer?

May I slot in here?

I already have 8 installed.  Very soon, I want to update to 9.

Where do I go to jump up from 8 to 9?

......I have a few not-done 8 updates.  Should I update 8 before I jump to 9?

Posts 1992
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 7:52 AM

Hi Scooter,

Go here: https://www.logos.com/product/194909/logos-9-basic and "buy" the free Logos 9 Basic. Once you do, it should automatically update. You can manually force it to update by typing "update now" in the command box.

If, for some reason, Logos 8 won't update to 9 after getting Logos 9 Basic, you can go here to download it: https://www.logos.com/install

No, you don't have to update 8 before moving to 9.

Posts 5993
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 9:30 AM

scooter:
Should I update 8 before I jump to 9?

For the avoidance of doubt - when one installs an 'upgrade' to Logos the upgrade is a complete replacement of the engine. The uploads are so small making incremental changes would just make work unnecessarily.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 346
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 10:10 AM

Levi + Mike:  Thank you both for helping this tardy lad!

Posts 30823
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 7:32 PM

scooter:
I already have 8 installed.  Very soon, I want to update to 9.

I think you already received the info you need, but out of curiosity: Why didn't you update before now? (The software engine is free, so you could have updated at least a year and a half ago). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 346
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 2:05 AM

JT (alabama24):
I think you already received the info you need, but out of curiosity: Why didn't you update before now? (The software engine is free, so you could have updated at least a year and a half ago). 

At 9's beginning, it seemed like a lot of problems + bugs were being reported in the forum,  So, I waited, which morphed into procrastinated, still at hand.

Logos is the books.  I do not search, nor do I query the rig in any way,  I hilite; I write some notes.  So, I do not need the latest.  Perhaps 10 will appear in the fall, so I figure to capture 9 soon.

Zoom zoom I am not.  Soon soon I am [eventually].

Posts 36305
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 8:59 AM

scooter:
At 9's beginning, it seemed like a lot of problems + bugs were being reported in the forum,

Expect this in any new release - as time goes on, users get used to the quirks/bugs and quit reporting them. When it is first released, they report everything that looks strange to them even if it is correct.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 346
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 10:30 AM

MJ. Smith:
Expect this in any new release - as time goes on, users get used to the quirks/bugs and quit reporting them. When it is first released, they report everything that looks strange to them even if it is correct.

I 'buy' Basic.  It's 6-month-later appearance should let the waters of distemper quell.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS