Sorting commentary series

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1753
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 26 2022 10:41 AM

How to sort a commentary series?

In some cases there is a number in the book title (like in WBC), but most of the commentary series do not have such a number. Sorting by the name helps find books but does not reveal missing books easily.

Is there any way to sort for example BHHB according to the same book order as in the English Bibles?

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 6133
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 1:03 PM

No. Not without renaming them.

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 1:23 PM

SineNomine:
Not without renaming them.

Renaming them using a numbering system or the name of the book is a great option it that is important. I've done that with many resources.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 12639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 26 2022 3:47 PM

Veli Voipio:

How to sort a commentary series?

In some cases there is a number in the book title (like in WBC), but most of the commentary series do not have such a number. Sorting by the name helps find books but does not reveal missing books easily.

Is there any way to sort for example BHHB according to the same book order as in the English Bibles?

I have no idea what BHHB stands for, but I tag all my commentaries with the same number that FL uses in Logos, so e.g. #01 - Genesis, #39 - Malachi, #61 - Matthew - this allows for sorting in nearly proper order (I was raised on the Luther bible thus the last books of the NT are always sorted a bit off - you may know that feeling) and also spotting missing books.

EDIT: see how NAC looks, missing #70 Ephesians

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1753
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 7:26 AM

Ok, thanks to all!

It means what I was afraid of - that I have to do manual work for it.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 11

Posts 12639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 9:30 AM

Veli Voipio:

Ok, thanks to all!

It means what I was afraid of - that I have to do manual work for it.

Logos helps you a bit in selecting commentaries with the Factbook/Bible facet (which of course is incomplete, it must be at least regarding edition:eBook and PBB commentaries), for some reason we can't sort the library according to those facets - and the facets are not sorted by canonical order, either.

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 10:10 AM

NB.Mick:
I have no idea what BHHB stands for

I had the same response as I don't know what that means either. Can you enlighten us Veli?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 12639
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 10:49 AM

Bruce Dunning:

NB.Mick:
I have no idea what BHHB stands for

I had the same response as I don't know what that means either. Can you enlighten us Veli?

I now googled BHHB bible commentary and it's "Baylor Handbook on the Hebrew Bible", which often are titled XXXX - A Handbook on the Hebrew text 

Posts 1753
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 27 2022 10:53 AM

BHHB stands for Baylor Handbook of the Hebrew Bible

Some of them are here:

https://www.logos.com/product/37943/baylor-handbook-on-the-hebrew-bible-series 

In the library the tag BHHB exists, but not in the Logos.com book list.

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 28 2022 3:55 PM

Veli Voipio:

BHHB stands for Baylor Handbook of the Hebrew Bible

Some of them are here:

https://www.logos.com/product/37943/baylor-handbook-on-the-hebrew-bible-series 

Thanks. I learned another new thing today.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS