Journals Question

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2150
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 11 2022 6:08 PM

For those of you with the Galaxy Theological Journal Library, do you also own the Master Journal Bundle?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 2285
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2022 10:04 PM

I do

Posts 398
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2022 5:21 AM

Yes, I have them both.

Posts 3576
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2022 5:42 AM

No, I only subscribe to Galaxie. 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2022 9:22 AM

Yes, I own both.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2150
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2022 5:56 PM

Right now I own both since I’m a PhD student, and after I graduate, I want to own my journals since I’ll lose some library access.

I’m trying to decide if I should keep paying for both future versions of the Master Journal Bundle and the Galaxie Bundles (although I do get dynamic pricing between the two). I primarily use journals in the Galaxie bundle, but I have used journals from the Master Bundle at times.

By the way, I know how to spell Galaxie but my Mac autocorrect keeps changing it. 

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2022 8:57 AM

Nathan Parker:
I’m trying to decide if I should keep paying for both future versions of the Master Journal Bundle and the Galaxie Bundles (although I do get dynamic pricing between the two). I primarily use journals in the Galaxie bundle, but I have used journals from the Master Bundle at times.

It is a tough decision but it really isn't that expensive if you continue to update each time new volumes are released.

Nathan Parker:
By the way, I know how to spell Galaxie but my Mac autocorrect keeps changing it. 

Yes, autocorrect can be a pain at times. It just isn't that smart for unusual spelling of words.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2150
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2022 6:56 PM

True. I’ll ponder it before the next pre-pub ships and decide.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2150
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2022 9:01 PM

I looked over what I’d get in 7.3, and there is some useful stuff (plus a lot of it is in the Galaxie package, but I’d simply receive it earlier, and that’ll just reduce the cost of my Galaxie package).

Since I already own 7.2, I’ll go for 7.3 and 7.4. Starting next year in 8.1, I’ll re-evaluate and see if I want to continue on with both the Master and Galaxie tracks or consolidate to Galaxie.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2441
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2022 4:59 AM

I'm with Bruce.  Once you get caught up on both, it costs very little to update each time.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2285
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2022 5:52 AM

I also agree.  The cost of maintaining both is small.

Posts 2150
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 5 2022 8:52 PM

Side question: For those of you who own the the Galaxie collection in Logos, do you also subscribe to Galaxie.com’s TJL service? If so, why?

Nathan Parker

Posts 2285
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2022 4:05 AM

Nathan Parker:

Side question: For those of you who own the the Galaxie collection in Logos, do you also subscribe to Galaxie.com’s TJL service? If so, why?

No

Posts 3576
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2022 5:21 AM

Nathan Parker:

No, I don't feel the need for this.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 398
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2022 5:27 AM

Nathan Parker:

No, I don't subscribe because I prefer to just purchase them when there is something new.

Posts 2150
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2022 11:46 AM

Great. Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 5204
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2022 8:46 AM

No. Too expensive

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS