9.16 (9.16.0.0006) is now available

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2022 1:41 PM

The Logos Bible Software desktop application version 9.16 is now available to all users.

To immediately update to the current stable version, enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 1635
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 6:42 AM

Thank you, Philana.

Maybe I'm blind (likely), but the last update, I had to scrounge around for the update. This time your download link was just perfect.  It knew I was on Mac, and very nice Mac instructions (drag the icon over to the folder).

Unfortulnately it downloads Logos.  And not really noticing (Verbum is often called Logos), I installed it.  And then uninstalled it. So, I assume I'm back to scrounging?

Posts 30825
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 7:33 AM

Is there a reason you haven't used the update now command within the app itself? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3103
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 7:47 AM

The Verbum install page is here: https://verbum.com/install

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 1635
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 7:49 AM

JT (alabama24):

Is there a reason you haven't used the update now command within the app itself? 

Didn't do anything last time. So, I went in search of a Mac Verbum. 

I just tried it (online). A little box pops up 'No updates available" ... twice. One in shadowed grey with light hints of sunrise, and the second, 'No updates were found' in plain old 'white'.  I like gorgeously displayed errors.

Ergo scrounging.  But ignoring that, the Philana message should in-theory broaden its perspective beyond Logos, I'd think.

Posts 1635
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 7:51 AM

Andrew Batishko:

The Verbum install page is here: https://verbum.com/install

Thank you, Andrew!

Posts 1689
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 10:13 AM

DMB:

JT (alabama24):

Didn't do anything last time. So, I went in search of a Mac Verbum. 

I just tried it (online). A little box pops up 'No updates available" ... twice. One in shadowed grey with light hints of sunrise, and the second, 'No updates were found' in plain old 'white'.  I like gorgeously displayed errors.

Ergo scrounging.  But ignoring that, the Philana message should in-theory broaden its perspective beyond Logos, I'd think.

Have you tried using the "Set Update Channel to default" command? Maybe somehow your update channel got switched. My Verbum installation updates just fine automatically.

Posts 1635
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 10:31 AM

Kiyah:

Have you tried using the "Set Update Channel to default" command? Maybe somehow your update channel got switched. My Verbum installation updates just fine automatically.

I have my Automatic Updates (renamed Automatically Start Downloads) turned off. And I just manually updated. So, next time, I'll try that.

Posts 30825
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2022 11:02 AM

DMB:
I have my Automatic Updates (renamed Automatically Start Downloads) turned off.

That is fine... that is what I have. The channel you are on, however, it important. Another tricky thing is the window of time you have downloads allowed. Some people have a narrow window and even manual updates are prevented from running... although that isn't an issue if you have auto updates set to "no."

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 861
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 12:36 PM

When I use the link above, it downloads Logos 8. I am looking for the latest stable version. Is that this one?

Posts 26049
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 12:41 PM

Michael McLane:

When I use the link above, it downloads Logos 8. I am looking for the latest stable version. Is that this one?

No - the latest stable release is 9.16 with 9.17 in beta testing

What computer platform are you using and which OS (including version)?

Posts 861
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 12:43 PM

I am using MacOS 12.6

Posts 26049
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 12:53 PM

Michael McLane:

I am using MacOS 12.6

In which case I'm confused - it should just work.

At what stage of the download / installation process are you told it is downloading Logos 8?

Posts 861
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 1:01 PM

It takes me to this page -

And this is the app - 

Posts 861
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 1:30 PM

I figured it out. Thanks 

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS