Beta 5 Pinwheel of Death

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
M.J.D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 7:58 AM

I just spent about 30 minutes on the line w/ one of your really kind tec support folks named Tobi (I think?) because Beta 5 is hanging up for me on exegetical guide specifically. I get the processing pinwheel for ever and I end up having to force quit. I've restarted my computer several times and it's not helped. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:35 AM

If you upload your logs (see the post on reporting bugs at the top of the forum), we may be able to more adequately diagnose what is going on.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 91
Seth Hewitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 10:33 AM

I'm not seeing the problem in the Exegetical Guide, just in the program in general. I have LXX, BHS, NASB95, and NET linked, and HALOT, BDAG, and LEH LXX lexicon open with them. I right clicked on a word in the LXX, selected the LXX lexicon as the resource and got a spinning beach ball. Although not doing this specifically, I've not been able to use B5 more than just a few minutes without it crashing. I'll have to go back to the Win version to finish my work. I had similar problems in A26/27 and B1. Almost anything—clicking on resources, scrolling through a resource, using CMD + arrow key to cycle through resources hangs the program. Logs attached below.

Thanks for the help!

Seth

662818.Archive.zip

Posts 33
M.J.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 10:50 AM

I dont' think I'm tec savy enough to pull this off. I've been watching the video and i can't get past "pinning it to my dock". When I try to click on it I get a message saying "there is no default application specified to open the document". How do I specify and what program do I specify to open it?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:25 PM

It sounds like you're trying to pin nlog.config to your dock—there's no need to do that; in fact, as mentioned in the comments below the link to the video, you can skip anything that has to do with nlog.config; instead, pin your logging folder to the dock, so that you can get to it more easily (moreover, even this step is optional—it's just there to help people who frequently need to post logs).

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS