Beta 5 - can't get into reading plan

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:16 AM

After upgrading to Beta 5, I can't seem to access the reading plan listed in the top header of the application.  Normally, clicking on a verse (e.g., John 15-16) would bring up that passage with a link at the bottom to "stop reading."  Now those links are unclickable so I can't even get there.  Has anyone else experienced the same?

Posts 5911
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 8:37 AM

Hi Andy

Not here!

If this is what you mean?

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 9:34 AM

Yep, that's what I mean.  I can't click 'em anymore.

So I went to my iPad to read up...now I see that L4 isn't even getting up to date with my reading progress.  It still says I'm behind.  (Yes, the Internet connection is fine.)

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 10:29 AM

Andy:

When you say the internet connection is fine, do you mean you have "use internet" set to yes? If so could you post logs of you trying to click the link? You might also want to upload your readingplan.db file it is at Users/Userfolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/uniqueuserfolder/Documents/ReadingPlan/ I am not sure if Development would want to look at that and it can't hurt. 

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 11:53 AM

I don't know anything about "use Internet" being set to yes.  I'm pretty sure it is, though, because I'm getting all the usual stuff on the home page.  Before today, everything was working fine and I didn't change anything.  When I try to click the link, it's exactly like clicking on text.  They're not even hyperlinked at all.  I doubt this would show up in the logs, because there's no event happening.  I can see about uploading the reading plan, though.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:33 PM

The image below is what I was referencing.  Does the mouse pointer turn int oa hand when you hover over the citation you are to read in the bible reading plan on the ribbon? Does it display the verse in a tooltip window a couple of seconds after you hover over the citation? Are you able to access your reading plan through the FIle menu? 

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:23 PM

>The image below is what I was referencing.

Use Internet is set to "yes."

>Does the mouse pointer turn int oa hand when you hover over the citation you are to read in the bible reading plan on the ribbon?

No.

>Does it display the verse in a tooltip window a couple of seconds after you hover over the citation?

No.

>Are you able to access your reading plan through the FIle menu?

Yes.

By the way, I currently have two reading plans:

- The Holman Christian Standard Bible Old Testament every weekday, starting Jan 1 and finishing in one year.

- The Holman Christian Standard Bible New Testament every weekday, starting May 14 and finishing in six months.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:27 PM

Andy:

At this point all I can say is to request your logs and for you to post your ReadinPlan.db file. I will need at the very least the logs of your attempts in order to create a case. Thank you.

Posts 86
Scott Fleischman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 4:15 PM

Andy Warmack:

After upgrading to Beta 5, I can't seem to access the reading plan listed in the top header of the application.  Normally, clicking on a verse (e.g., John 15-16) would bring up that passage with a link at the bottom to "stop reading."  Now those links are unclickable so I can't even get there.  Has anyone else experienced the same?

You probably already have the resource open.  If you close the home page, the resource should be at the correct location.  We will fix the home page link so that the home page closes when you click on the link.  Thanks!

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 5:27 PM

Here are my logs and ReadingPlan.db...

8540.Archive.zip

0825.ReadingPlan.db

Posts 736
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:47 PM

I have the same problem, Andy.  Closing the home page merely results in a blank page.  The passage is not already open on my system, yet the links in the reading plan list are unclickable. 

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 9:30 PM

Andy,

I see a crash in your Console Messages.log, but there's too much debugger information that is filling up the logs. At the very top of the Console Messages.log there is a line which reads:

6/1/10 1:20:02 PM [0x0-0x1d01d].com.logos.Logos_Bible_Software_4[130] Native stacktrace:

The lines before this and after this are the most important. If you can make this happen again, can you give us another set of logs? You may have to search for "Native stacktrace:" in the logs and grab that section of information

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:00 AM

That crash apparently happened over a couple of months ago.  I was having a completely different set of problems back then (which I believe have since been fixed by one of the Alpha versions).

The last time the reading plan links worked properly was last week.  The only change that has happened is the update to Beta 5.  I haven't even had any crashes lately.

Posts 5
Joel Robotham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:11 AM

Hi Tommy

I'm Joel and I have exactly the same problem as Andy and it has only occurred since I downloaded beta 5 a few days a go. I have also notices that when I try to log in offline i get a message saying web information  error and the only way i can get in is to click register new user  work offline. The original work offline option that came up is no longer available at start up???

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 11:27 AM

Joel:

Is the original Work Offline button you are referring to that does not work the one you see highlighted below? If not Hold the Command key before launching the application from the Application folder. 

Posts 5
Joel Robotham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 6:52 PM

Yes this is the exact screen I get, only the work offline button doesn't appear instead I get a large square saying web communication error. Everything else in the window is the same.

Posts 736
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 7:19 PM

Problem solved for me in Beta 6.  Thanks, Guys.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:09 PM

Joel Robotham:
Yes this is the exact screen I get, only the work offline button doesn't appear instead I get a large square saying web communication error. Everything else in the window is the same.

Joel, I may have broken this in Beta 5. For now, you can use the "without using Internet" -> Work Offline button work around you've identified, but I'll fix this in the next release.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 5
Joel Robotham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:05 PM

Okie Dokie

Thanks

Posts 26
Andy Warmack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:19 PM

This is hopeful!  I'm downloading Beta 6 now.

By the way, thank you to Brad and Joel for sharing about your experiences.  It's always good to know that you're not the only one!

Brad:

Problem solved for me in Beta 6.  Thanks, Guys.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS