Beta 5: Text Comparison tabs are missing the font size slider

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:25 PM

The drop-down menus for most of the tabs in Beta 5 feature a font size slider. This is conspicuously absent from the Text Comparison tabs, and the font used in them is very teeny (at least for Greek). It would be great if the font size slider could be added to Text Comparison tabs soon!

If there's another way to increase the font size for Text Comparisons in the meantime, I'd love to hear of it.

Thanks in advance!

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:42 PM

Daniel:

I looked and found that that feature has been logged into our feature/bug database. Thanks for the heads up.  

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:50 PM

That’s great, thanks for checking!

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:31 PM

It is most likely that this feature will be implemented and released after (but not long after) the initial "official" release of 4.0 for Mac.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:40 PM

Ok, well I understand that you have your development priorities :-)

That said, this is an important feature for me, and the text currently really is very small on my 1900 x 1200 17" MacBook Pro screen.

Perhaps the default font size for that window could be increased in the meantime? It doesn't have to be adjustable, just set big enough to read Greek and Hebrew comfortably on my (not wildly unusual resolution) screen. If there’s anyway to adjust the size by hand (tweaking a .plist or something), that would be fine too.

Thanks again.

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:13 PM

Daniel Neades:
If there’s anyway to adjust the size by hand (tweaking a .plist or something), that would be fine too.

There is alway the built in zoom. Ctrl+(scroll wheel or two finger swipe).

Tootle pip

Mike

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:33 PM

Hi Mike,

There is, thank you for the reminder :-). But there’s nothing like actually rendering Hebrew with a few more pixels to make it a little easier on those of us still learning – and besides, zooming in is inconvenient for everything else that does have configurable font sizes.

Here's how Hebrew in the Text Comparison window looks at present:

You can make out the characters and pointing, but the lack of definition adds to the cognitive load. Even zoomed in, you see that there really aren't quite enough pixels there to help much.

Thanks Mike!

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 2:23 AM

Hi Daniel

I can see the problem!

And I don't see the zoom as the long term solution to font size problems.

However the zoom can help out in the short term until the Dev get their heads round the solution to these matters.

Tootle pip

Mike

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 11 2010 3:04 AM

:-)

Still, the main thing is that the developers are doing their work, and eventually these things will be sorted. In the meantime, I shall endeavour to be patient. (I have a software engineering background and run a software company, so I certainly appreciate that priorities have to be set and that it takes time to get things like this done.)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS