Missing resources on the Mac

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:00 AM

(I reported this by email on Tuesday, but haven't received a response, so perhaps that was the wrong support channel and it is more appropriately reported here.)

1. I purchased Logos 4 on Monday, and now have everything installed, downloaded and indexed on my Mac (first using the latest Beta 5, and just now with Beta 6), and also in a Windows virtual machine. 

Prior to purchasing Logos 4, I already had the Theological Journal Library vols. 1-10 from Galaxie Software on Windows, and they too have been downloaded in Logos 4. However, although it is present in my Windows installation, I notice that the ‘Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood Volume 10’ from the TJL is missing from my Mac installation.

First, a Windows screenshot, showing that JBMW vol. 10 is present:

And now the Mac, where it isn’t:

Any ideas? I guess it is possible that the Windows Logos 4 installation picked up the ‘Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood Volume 10’ from my prior Libronix 3 install that was present in my Windows virtual machine, perhaps?

2. More generally, I notice that I have 2178 resources in my Mac library, but 2182 in my Windows one. So perhaps JBMW vol. 10 isn't the only thing missing on the Mac...

3. I also observe that on the Mac, but not on Windows, vol. 8 of the Chafer Theological Seminary Journal is named inconsistently from all of the other volumes, since it is missing the word ‘Journal‘ from its title:

Many thanks in advance.

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:16 AM

I don't have those resources, so I can't check them specifically.

However, if you haven't done so already, then try updating your resources by typing Update Resources in the command bar.

If that doesn't do the trick, try phoning Customer Services and explaining the problem.

BTW there have been disparities between the numbers of Windows and Mac resources right through the Alpha process, so that may explain some of the discrepancy in the other resources, but I would expect JBMW 10 to be present since all the others are.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:17 AM

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated. I tried the update resources command, and it didn't find anything extra to download.

Regarding alpha issues, I only started using Logos 4 with beta 4, so any problems prior to that shouldn't have affected me, I think.

With regard to phoning customer services, I find it much easier to file a written report (which I have now done here and also by email).

Thanks again!

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:00 AM

Daniel Neades:
I notice that the ‘Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood Volume 10’ from the TJL is missing from my Mac installation.

I have these resources in my library, and I am not missing that volume on Mac. I have TJL 11 and 12 too, so my library includes JBMW 12 and 13 as well. This doesn't help you, but I do remember that there were at one time problems getting some of the later TJL volumes to sync correctly. It had to do with file names I think. That Journal is from 2005, so I don't know for sure, but perhaps this is related?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:35 AM

Hi Dewayne,

Ah, that’s good news – I have TJL 11 & 12 on the way, so this problem might go away once I have those, perhaps.

Logos have also started talking to me via email on this issue, so I might get an interim resolution that way. So far they have suggested running the Logos 4 command ‘Scan Optical Media’ and restarting with the TJL disc in the drive. Unfortunately, I had already tried that (for both discs), and it didn't help. (I tried it again, though, just to be sure – still no joy.)

Thanks for letting me know that you aren't seeing this problem!

Posts 5231
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:38 AM

Hi Daniel

I 'googled' for this result

Scan /Volumes/MBP - Internal/Users/ottocarroll/Documents - Windows XP/Libronix DLS/Books

obviously you will need to change the volume name and the user name but if you type this, suitably altered into the 'command bar' does anything happen.

You may need to restart Logos for this command to take effect,

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
It would be great to see your logs after you run "Update Resources". That may give us some idea about why those particular resources are not downloading and/or being discovered properly. Instructions are lnked in my signature.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:59 AM

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for that -- please find the Logos4.log attached (gzipped). That seemed to be the only log file written to as a result of the ‘update resources’ command.

5415.Logos4.log.gz

Thanks for your help.

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:03 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that -- it looks like the person who suggested that either has their Windows virtual machine content mounted as a Mac volume, or perhaps has copied over their content from their Windows installation.

Scanning my Windows Logos resources is certainly something I can try if we can't find another solution to this, but I'd rather do that only as a last resort -- I'd like to be able to complete a fully functional Mac installation with all my resources without having to rely on Windows at all.

Thanks again for looking that up – people sure are very helpful here!

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 8:20 AM

Daniel Neades:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that -- it looks like the person who suggested that either has their Windows virtual machine content mounted as a Mac volume, or perhaps has copied over their content from their Windows installation.

Scanning my Windows Logos resources is certainly something I can try if we can't find another solution to this, but I'd rather do that only as a last resort -- I'd like to be able to complete a fully functional Mac installation with all my resources without having to rely on Windows at all.

Thanks again for looking that up – people sure are very helpful here!

This has jogged my memory concerning these resources. I don't think I have ever done a Mac install from scratch. I used parallels first, and copied the Resources and Indexes over from there to the Mac side. So just because I have all of the resources on my machine, does not mean there is not a problem regarding this on the Mac side. I wonder, can anyone confirm that they have this missing resource, that downloaded L4Mac and all data from the server, without cheating and copying the folders from L4Win?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2010 3:59 PM

Daniel Neades:

Daniel

JBMW Volume 10 is present in my installation. Although I run L4 Windows under Parallels, I downloaded my Mac resources from Logos (twice). I also have volumes 1–12 of TJL. I guess this information lets you know that the problem is not common to all Mac installations, but it does not solve your problem.

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 1:37 AM

Hi Jack,

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I guess that in the absence of another resolution, I’ll wait for my TJL 11 & 12 to arrive, and see whether they fix they problem. If not, I can try a full re-install, with the hope that everything will be downloaded.

Thanks again.

Posts 5231
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 10:31 AM

Daniel

A full reinstall will almost certainly not help in this instance.

Rebuilding the index just might help if you have the bandwidth and can leave it running.

Updating resources is more likely to help.

Other than that Logos Customer Service might be able to check that these are enabled on your account - if you are not in the US (I am in Scotland) Skype is the way to call them.

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 3:32 AM

Thanks Mike. The resource update didn't help, and i included the log file from that previously in this thread, for Cameron. I might try an index rebuild (but that is a very painful thing to do...).

I'm in the Isle of Man, btw, so Skype would be a reasonable way to contact them. Still, I'm hoping that email and this forum should do the trick.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:30 AM

Looking at Logos4.log file, noticed series of resources with same numbering as Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood in initial screenshot - Volume 10 is missing.  Since resource file missing, rebuild index would not help.

Wonder about restarting Mac ?  (Indexer automatically launches - see if GS_JMBW_10.lbxlls and GS_JMBW_12.lbxlls download - can check Indexer.log file)

If restarting Mac does not download, please post logs (console messages and all log files updated after restart).

Searching logos.com, found product with downloadable resource files => http://www.logos.com/products/details/4620

If restart does not help, wonder about downloading resource files to /Users/djn/Downloads/Logos (create Logos directory inside your Download directory), then use Logos command scan /Users/djn/Downloads/Logos

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 2:57 PM

Daniel:

Could you try "update resources" again and when you post the logs this time, include the logs found in the Logging folder as well as the Console logs. Pretty much everything other than nlog.config. There are instructions for doing that in the same area you saw instructions on how to take logs. (Linked from my signature as well). Thank you.

To Mike's point about calling Customer Service. We have Skype as well so a  Skype to Skype call can be made by one of the techs. Just ask the Customer Service rep about it. They may not be able to initiate that call but they can direct someone to you who can.

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:15 PM

Hi there,

I’ve rebuilt the index, but that didn't help. Neither did restarting the machine again. I'll post full logs, as you and Tommy...

Thank you :-)

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:16 PM

‘as you’ -> ‘for you’

It’s early :-)

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:42 PM

Hi Tommy,

I have attached the logs. There software upgraded itself to Beta 7 along the way. I did another 'update resources' after that happened.

3581.Logs2010-08-18.zip

Thank you very much for your help.

Posts 47
Daniel Neades | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 11:43 PM

There -> The. My brain will wake up soon.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS