Beta 7 still crashing on start

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 17 2010 3:20 PM

Still having issues with Logos4mac crashing on start due to a problem generating web-sections.

My workaround is to hold command key down after launching Logos 4 and then choose to "work offline."

BTW, tried starting with a blank layout also -- no success.

Here's a new set of logs: 2084.Archive.zip

Thanks, Levi.

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 3189
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 3:33 PM

Levi:

Could you try something for me? Pull out your Documents folder to the Desktop and try starting Logos4. If it opens properly your items should re-download from our server. The Documents folder is in-->/Users/userfolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/

If that doesn't resolve the issue just replace the Documents folder.

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 3:38 PM

Did as you asked, but no success. It gets half-way through the start-up music and crashes.

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball:
Could you try something for me? Pull out your Documents folder to the Desktop and try starting Logos4. If it opens properly your items should re-download from our server. The Documents folder is in-->/Users/userfolder/Library/Application Support/Logos4/

I would generally discourage this as a miscellaneous troubleshooting step. It certainly has nothing to do with the issue that is coming up in the logs. The underlying bug is being worked on as I write about 5 feet from my desk.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 4:01 PM

Cameron Watters:
The underlying bug is being worked on as I write about 5 feet from my desk.

This is good to know...thanks for your hard work!

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 5:59 PM

mine used to have that problem, with beta 6, but with the new beta it was fixed so it logs in fine without using the "offline mode". There is still a stutter with the audio chime on startup, but it opens fine. 

Posts 2
Nick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:34 PM

Both beta 6 and 7 are crashing on start for me as well. I noticed with 6 and 7 most of the fonts have changed when displaying web content, is this related...

Posts 41
RichGrif | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 8:31 PM

ADD ME TO THE SAME CRASH LIST   GOING BACK TO WINDOWS AGAIN FOR AWHILE.

Posts 70
Robert le Clus | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 12:29 AM

Yes you can add me to that list too.

Posts 13
Paul J. Kelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 5:24 AM

Mine keeps crashing too.  Let's hope the tech people can figure this out for us.  

Posts 15
Jason David McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 8:56 AM

Mine crashes consistently about 1 min. after opening.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 9:15 AM

For anyone who is experiencing crashes and has not uploaded logs: please do so.

We have no way of ensuring that we're fixing the issues that cause your crashes unless you upload your logs.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5
Roger Houtsma | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 3:40 AM

Betas 6 & 7 both crash on launch. Both seem to *not* crash when either holding the cmd key down on launch and selecting blank layout and/or work offline. Once open, go to the preference tab, choose "No" to Connect to the Internet. option. Performance increases by 40% overall, and no crashes!

LOGOS PROGRAMERS: The software becomes a resource pig when used with defaults (Internet Connectivity), but slims down to a light and fast App with this option turned off. If this app could run as well connected to the internet - and not crash, as it does offline… wow, you'd have yourself a very useable product! Thanks for the work.

Here are the log files: http://www.box.net/shared/fm349iobo3

Posts 2
Nick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:43 PM

I just did a fresh install of osx on mackbook then a fresh install of beta 7 and it went into interface ok initially but after a close and restart it crashed.here are logs 7142.Logging.zip

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:53 AM

Nick: the logs you uploaded don't include the console messages log, which is the most useful when diagnosing crashes (also, in the future, you may omit nlog.config).

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1
LogosEmployee
Beckie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:19 PM

Hey David,

I have an open case with a customer who is having this same issue.
His program works in offline mode but when we connect online I get an "Asynchronious work" exception followed by "object not set to an instance of an object"...
here are his specs and logs. thanks!
-Beckie

Specs:
Type: Macbook Pro 5.2
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Speed: 2.8 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Logos 4 Beta 7
Version 4.10.43904

1104.Case 54228.zip

Posts 3
Michael Schlierbach | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 12:19 AM

My Logos (Mac beta 7) also crashes while starting. Couldn't get it to work :(

I don't like my logs to be public.

Sent logs by e-Mail.

Posts 56
Seth Huckstead | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 7:56 AM

2746.Archive.zip

I am having the same problem. Beta 7 worked the first time after install, but once I closed it down it started crashing every time I started it up. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 9:51 AM

Rebecca Catalina Rosillo:

His program works in offline mode but when we connect online I get an "Asynchronious work" exception followed by "object not set to an instance of an object"...

Console message (create web section) looks similar to forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/21568.aspx 

Wonder if Blank Layout works:

Launch Logos Bible Software (e.g. click dock icon), then quickly press and hold CMD key (before "Signing In" appears) => check "Use blank layout" - then click "Sign In"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:01 AM

Seth Huckstead:

I am having the same problem. Beta 7 worked the first time after install, but once I closed it down it started crashing every time I started it up. 

Console messages bit different - looks like Home Page reading list has an issue - suspect would repeat for "Work Offline", however wonder about "Use blank layout":

Launch Logos Bible Software (e.g. click dock icon), then quickly press and hold CMD key (before "Signing In" appears) => check "Use blank layout" - then click "Sign In"

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS