No love for Cascadia Syntax graphs?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:33 AM

I was looking through the Prepubs and I noticed how little the interest was for Cascadia Graphs for the Septuagint and Apostolic Fathers:

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/6618

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/6617

I think these would be great resources in Logos, and I am hoping they just got lost in the shuffle as they are not that expensive. Any interest?

Posts 2242
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 5:51 AM

I am looking forward to this graphs as well.

Posts 27984
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:48 AM

Dominick Sela:
I think these would be great resources in Logos, and I am hoping they just got lost in the shuffle as they are not that expensive. Any interest?

The pre-pub method is like UserVoice in reverse but Logos can't be sure if there is a genuine lack of interest or that the price is too high! $200 is expensive.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:30 AM

Unless you have one of the higher packages, you can't get Cascadia for NT/OT (I have the OL). That kind of decreases much interest (for me)  in a LXX/AF version. It's kind of ironic since OL emphasizes the 'original languages'.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 16
Dick Gorski | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 5:44 PM

Agreed. If I could get the Cascadia NT unbundled, I would be far more interested in the LXX. I too have the OL and find it ironic.

Posts 6005
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:32 PM

*** Gorski:

Agreed. If I could get the Cascadia NT unbundled, I would be far more interested in the LXX. I too have the OL and find it ironic.

I am not in that situation but I agree it is quite ironic.  I would think users with the OL package would be amongst the target audience for this sort of resource.  I know their was disuccsion of similar apparent shortfalls in the OL package a year or two ago the newsgroups and Logos said the OL package was based on OL scholars requirments and so they didn't want to add things in their that made the package appear less scholarly but maybe its time to re-look at this issue or come up with some sort of add on package for those in your situation an OL Plus! pack or something.

Posts 6005
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:34 PM

Dave Hooton:

Dominick Sela:

The pre-pub method is like UserVoice in reverse but Logos can't be sure if there is a genuine lack of interest or that the price is too high! $200 is expensive.

Agreed the price could well be an issue for these resources, pushing them into the would nice to be have but don't fit in my current budget box for a number of users.

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:52 AM

I was so excited to add the NT graphs when I started using the Greek videos...and was completely put out that I had to upgrade to get what I needed instead of buying the one item I was looking for.  I think that's a good part of why I won't spend another chunk of money on these.  I have what I need ( and MORE ) right now.  I have my daily devotional and scripture reading, two books of interest on reading plans, my Precept study and the language videos.  That's enough...until Steve Runge's videos on Discourse Grammar are ready.  Yes

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS