Logos Read the Bible In a Year - How about you?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 22 2010 6:47 AM

Is anyone participating in the Logos Bible reading plan feature?

If so where are you at and where did you start?

Also, what is the longest "comeback you've had after missing days?? Stick out tongue

I'll start:

I started at the beginning in Genesis 1 and currently I'm now beginning Numbers (a day behind!)

My longest comeback was 5 days or about 12 chapters after going to a wedding out of state.  Then shortly after I realized I could track the plan on the Logos app on my iPod.  NO EXCUSES NOW!! Big Smile

Thoughts:
I've found teh program especially helpful in getting through some of the first books of the OT I normally would find myself reading halfway then moving on. 

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 7:00 AM

Paul,

About 2 years ago I decided to read the entire bible in a year, and did it...since then I've not done it. It takes discipline to not just "go through the motions" and "get it done".

I do know, however that without something prodding me...I'll procrastinate and just read the parts that I'm more familiar with.....

I believe when I did do it that I never let more than a day or two go by...it's too hard to catch up and the reading comprehension suffers also.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 7:04 AM

I use it but to my shame I don't at the moment, if you get my drift. Currently, whenever I open Logos, I am reminded I am a month or so behind (ok, the "or so" is longer than the preceding month), so I have a bit to catch up. But it will happen....

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 10:10 AM

Perhaps I am being overly ambitious, but I am attempting to read the Bible through twice a year. I am starting Exodus today! It works out to about 5-7 chapters per day. Not sure if I can keep up once Hebrew Exegesis Class starts, but I will try. I love the idea of being "fully immersed!"

I really believe that we have no excuse not to read the Bible through once a year minimum. In fact I think it is our calling. Blessings to all of you who are on this incredible journey. Enjoy the feast!!!!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 10:46 AM

I began a 6 month plan for the Bible a month ago. I just began Numbers today. I have a reading in the OT and a reading in the NT each day. This ends up being 1 or two chapters of the NT per day.To make the journey more meaningful I am memorizing the Bible Knowledge Commentary outline of the NT book as I read it, Each day I add the portion of the outline that corresponds to what I'm reading, while reciting everything (conceptually, not word perfect) up until that point. I memorize first, then read it so I know the stories that fit into that portion of the outline, then go over the outline again. It does add a little bit of time to the reading, but it is making it much more profitable.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 9:38 PM

Last year I did one better (Confused0, I read through the Literary ESV in 30 days.  That was fun. 

I've been reading through the Bible in a year, fairly regularly for a number of years now.  At the moment however I've switched over to Professor Horner's 10 chapters a day plan. (Grant Horner's Reading Plan in Logos)  At the moment I'm finding it much more gratifying than a year program.

The furthest behind?  well.... since logos allows me to right click and choose to adjust a plan from today  I'm never really "behind"  I just move things along with me.  Stick out tongue

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3744
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 9:46 PM

Paul:

Is anyone participating in the Logos Bible reading plan feature?

If so where are you at and where did you start?

I'm not using Logos, but I've been reading through the Bible every year since 1994. I prefer Scripture Union's plan, since I'm able to do it at the same time I use their daily devotional. Why prefer their plan? It combines 2 chapters (average) from OT with a chapter from the NT. It also weaves a Gospel into each quarter rather than reading them straight through. I like the variety enough to have kept it up since starting when I started seminary in '94.

But the best plan is the one that works for you. :-) Blessings on your plan!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 10:50 PM

BillS:

But the best plan is the one that works for you. :-) Blessings on your plan!

I'm going to start soon on following through on the Jewish Calendar  I'll tie this in with my personal bible study make use of resource like the  Walk Commentaries amongst others. As I coupling the reading with study I'll stick to the option of reading through the whole of Psalms once month, rather than once a week.

I also want to give the Grant Horner's plan a go but will probably have to put that on the back burner for now.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:10 PM

Thomas Black:

Last year I did one better (Confused0, I read through the Literary ESV in 30 days.  That was fun. 

I've been reading through the Bible in a year, fairly regularly for a number of years now.  At the moment however I've switched over to Professor Horner's 10 chapters a day plan. (Grant Horner's Reading Plan in Logos)  At the moment I'm finding it much more gratifying than a year program.

The furthest behind?  well.... since logos allows me to right click and choose to adjust a plan from today  I'm never really "behind"  I just move things along with me.  Stick out tongue

Thomas, where I can find Grant Horner's Reading Plan?

Last year I used ESV Study Bible plan and it worked perfect. Many people in our church did it at the same time. That has been great. This year I use Chronological plan and I have to say I struggle to keep the plan. I read more outside of the plan that in the plan. I think I prefer a good blend of OT and NT reading.

Bohuslav

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:46 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Thomas, where I can find Grant Horner's Reading Plan?

Start with this thread:  < http://community.logos.com/forums/p/21228/159787.aspx#159787 >  There are others as well.  But also the Wiki gives steps for embedding it into the program with a bit of sql magic.    http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans

EDIT: Incidentally I linked to that thread above, but fell prey again to the forum link stripping bug. 

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 494
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 6:05 AM

On June 21st I started a reading plan to get me through the Greek New Testament by Christmas Day. I'm currently in Luke 17 and working on my biggest comeback yet. Yesterday I was 7 days behind; now I am 4.

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 6:26 AM

Brian W Davidson:

On June 21st I started a reading plan to get me through the Greek New Testament by Christmas Day. I'm currently in Luke 17 and working on my biggest comeback yet. Yesterday I was 7 days behind; now I am 4.

Yes

Your avatar is appropriate Brian

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 6:27 AM

I started in October when I bought Logos 3.  I started over again in another translation on 1/1/2010 - OT, Psalms, Proverbs, NT.  I haven't missed a day so far.  When I went on vacation for almost three weeks I took screenshots of the reading plan calendar and printed them out.  I put those in my hard copy Bible so I could keep reading and not have to take a laptop or be online at all.  When I came back I just checked them all off as done.  This will be the first time in probably twenty years to read all the way through and it's amazing how much I either missed before or had completely forgotten.

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 40
Joe Newell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 6:33 AM

I started a reading plan over the weekend for the New Testament in the New International Version. I love the incentive of being able to check off the "Mark read" box! It should help me stay on track very well. One of the things that has drawn me to Logos is the ability to go from my laptop to my iPhone to my iPad and have it synchronized. What a great feature!

Joe

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 3:24 PM

Thomas Black:
Start with this thread:  < http://community.logos.com/forums/p/21228/159787.aspx#159787 >  There are others as well.  But also the Wiki gives steps for embedding it into the program with a bit of sql magic.    http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans

Thanks Thomas for the information. Yes

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS