Journal of Biblical Literature - Edit: NOW in production!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:11 AM

For those not following the other threads on this pre-pub http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14113/163645.aspx and http://community.logos.com/forums/p/12936/100439.aspx this resource is now just a few orders short of going into production.

To get your pre-order in before the price increases go here: http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/3626

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 40
Joe Newell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:24 AM

Count me in!

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 11:41 AM

This is one of the first prepublications that I ordered on 'converting' to Logos...

It has to be said that the prepublication price is an exceptional bargin given the quantity and richness of the content (20,000 pages!). It would be excellent to get this into production.

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 12:08 PM

This was one of my first pre-pub orders too, since I became active in the pre-pub program, and it's one of the ones I am most looking forward to.

For anyone wondering what the value of such a resource might be, journal articles are excellent ways to get a succinct and focused study on a particular Scripture text or issue. Someone else has done all the research for you and distilled it. They will of course carry with them their own perspective, but they'll also provide you with footnotes to the sources they used so you can do some of your own analysis from the quotes they give. And if you happen to have some of those resources in your Logos library you can go right to the sources. For any academic work or personal research, journal articles are a treasure trove. JBL is one of the highly respected ones among many seminaries.

Just a few more orders to push this one over the top!

Posts 205
Stephen Paynter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 12:56 PM

According to the bar it actually looks like we've done it .... 100% At last!!!

Now, lets hope production isn't too long.

Is this the wrong time to hope they add all the recent issues to this pre-pub before releasing it ...?? I know .... greedy greedy greedy.

Also ... what is the next most important must-have academic journal that we don't have yet?

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 12:58 PM

Looks like its moving on!

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 1:15 PM

Paul:
Looks like its moving on!

When they take the bar down it's official. Maybe we still need one or two more to sign up.

Thanks to Dan Pritchett for pushing this through Twitter, to everyone who's responded, and to Stephen for getting behind it originally.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:02 PM

Can't afford it, can't afford it, can't afford it..... nuts to "easy pre-order"!

Shame it's not iPhone compatible.

Posts 9520
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:06 PM

lostlogik:
Can't afford it, can't afford it, can't afford it

If it's any help you won't have to pay for it until it is released, which will probably be about six months, based on what we've seen. Put away $25.00 a month and you're set. (No, I don't work for the devil, and no, I don't think you should be in debt for Bible study tools.)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:22 PM

Stephen Edward Paynter:

Not quite. It looks lik about 96% to me. Unless you saw it at 100% a few minutes ago and someone has cancelled their order since.

Stephen Edward Paynter:

Also ... what is the next most important must-have academic journal that we don't have yet?

I'm planning to stop by the Regent College Library and draw up a list of must-have academic journals, but off the top of my head and a quick scan of the online catalogue, these would be great:

Posts 5419
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 3:26 PM

Count my votes for Vetus & Novum...I see both of these titles quoted frequently in my other resources. JSOT & JSNT are a close second.

+2 Yes

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5847
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 3:41 PM

Rosie Perera:

Stephen Edward Paynter:

Not quite. It looks lik about 96% to me. Unless you saw it at 100% a few minutes ago and someone has cancelled their order since.

Its now showing as Under Development Yes

Posts 19276
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:00 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
Its now showing as Under Development Yes

Yay!

Posts 1563
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:01 PM

I hope it takes a few months to go through. I just blew through some savings (and wife's good will) in getting a top-of-the-line iMac...

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 5847
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:03 PM

Ben:

I hope it takes a few months to go through. I just blew through some savings (and wife's good will) in getting a top-of-the-line iMac...

ooh!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS