B8 Bug: Unable to open or close panels

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 23 2010 6:07 PM

I can start up just fine, but clicking shortcuts, or using command text does nothing. 

4431.Logs.zip

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:40 AM

Can you post a screenshot?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:42 AM

Scratch that; just try opening with a blank layout (hold Command when starting the app). It appears that there's an issue either with the Highlighting panel or with a resource that has highlighting. We'll investigate.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:08 PM

Thanks, should say that I've been unable to get the highlighting panel to show for at least the last beta, if not two. 

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:12 PM

Mike,

Can you upload your visualmarkup.db? It's in /Users/<your_user_id>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/<some_random_chars>/VisualMarkup/visualmarkup.db

I suspect something in your custom highlighting styles is causing the panel not to open.

Just out of curiosity, have you created any custom styles? If so, were you using Windows?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:03 AM

Tom Philpot:

Mike,

Can you upload your visualmarkup.db? It's in /Users/<your_user_id>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/<some_random_chars>/VisualMarkup/visualmarkup.db

I suspect something in your custom highlighting styles is causing the panel not to open.

Just out of curiosity, have you created any custom styles? If so, were you using Windows?

I did create custom styles in windows (at the time you couldn't do so on the mac... can you now?)

3187.visualmarkup.db.zip

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 7:44 PM

Any update?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:48 PM

I'll need to investigate further, but if you don't really need your "Mike's Inductive" and "Mike's Highlighter" style palettes, I'd recommend deleting them on Windows, syncing and seeing if that fixes your problem on Mac.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 7:49 AM

Ugh... such is life in the beta space. I have about 4 hours of reading with highlighting time on these, but I'll delete them and see where it takes me. 

At this point, I can't open anything other then the home page on the mac. I'll update in a little bit.

Mike

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 8:19 AM

So I've deleted the palettes and things appear (so far) to be working OK.

Question: How and where should I create custom palettes?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS