Beta 8 Hang , Force Quit

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 24 2010 8:49 AM

74206.Archive.zip

So I just updated to Beta 8. I was excited to here there was performance boost but I am not lucky enough to get it.

In previous updates the system did take a little time to load but considering all the resources a 20 seconds is not a long time.

However I loaded my layout which includes the PG, ExG, Bibles: KJV,NKJ,Message,HCSB, Commentaries: Apologetics Study, Bible Knowledge. It includes a Search, Text Comparison, and the Info Box

In the Alpha process Biblical People was huge drain so it was hidden in the passage guide, it still is.

Upon opening to the Book of Job the commentaries load and after 2 minutes Powerpoint Sermons loads, nothing else in the passage guide loads, it just has the loading circles spinning. Please help

Logs are attached

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:15 AM

Looks like a crash in text comparison. I'll file a bug.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:46 AM

Would the text comparison cause the issue of the other passage guide resources not loading?

If so should I try killing the text comparison pane and see if the moves it along in the meantime?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:54 AM

The best thing to do would be to start with a blank layout (hold the command key while starting to get the option). Once you've started up that way, you can open all the panels that you had open before, except text comparison.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:08 AM

Heath,

Could you upload your layouts.db so that we can reproduce this test case?

It's here:  /Users/heathchoate/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/vawb51w1.c47/LayoutManager/layouts.db

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:15 AM

I just tried opening only the passage guide. No other resources are open. I opened it to Luke. The commentary section loaded quickly after 1 minute "Music" loaded . 1 minute 30 "Powerpoint sermons" loaded as did "Sermon Audio" 3 minutes "interesting words' loaded . Somewhere around 4 minutes cross references loaded. And at 5 minutes the whole passage guide is now loaded.

Keep in mind I currently have only the Passage guide open. Should it be taking this long?

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:24 AM

6661.layouts.db

Here it is. I don't know if it matters but I have a couple of layouts. The one I always use is Default.

Also how can I do a full reindex of my resources?

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:27 AM

Heath Choate:
I opened it to Luke

All of Luke? That might take a while. How about a smaller pericope? Surely, you're not studying the whole book in one sitting.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:40 AM

Heath Choate:

6661.layouts.db

Here it is. I don't know if it matters but I have a couple of layouts. The one I always use is Default.

So it appears your last loaded layout was a Passage Guide on Job. That is going to take a long time. (And on my machine at work, consumes 1.19 GB of RAM, which is causing my machine to swap currently, which amplifies the problem). Also, running a Text Comparison among several bibles on Job probably will take a while as well.

Heath Choate:

Also how can I do a full reindex of my resources?

"Rebuild Index" from the command bar. Why do you need to do this?

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:53 AM

Thanks for your help Tom.  I am going to try opening it again but I am going to search a smaller section of Job. This was just where I was the last time I saved the Layout. Honestly though I don't remember B7 didn't have as many issues gathering all PG info for Job. 

Anyway I am at lunch I will try changing layout so it opens at a smaller portion of Job and report back as soon as my lunch is over. 

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:27 AM

So I changed the layout around. It now starts at Job 1:1-5

I closed the triangles for Bible People and Places and Things in the PG. It seems to load faster but currently Parallel passages, Media resources haven't loaded even with those others being closed. I have included new logs and the Layout.db file

87116.Archive.zip

8802.layouts.db

After I posted this all the PG items posted but it was still 5 minutes for the full PG minus the Biblical P/PL/TH to load. With Logos completely still, the PG completely loaded I still had to Force Quit to terminate the app.

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:03 PM

Is there any updates on this? Any help would be appreciated.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:36 PM

Heath Choate:

Is there any updates on this? Any help would be appreciated.

For now, take "The Message" out of your Text Comparison. There's a bug that occurs when the Message is used in Text Comparison that will be fixed in the next beta.

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 26 2010 11:48 AM

I removed the Message from the Text Comparison. It seemed to help a little though the PG resources still load slow even with a a 5 verse passage .

I am also noticing a lot of the beach ball when clicking on menus, selecting text to copy, and scrolling through resources.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS