logos access on Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25
Paul Schack | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 24 2010 4:49 PM

Is there any access to logos on Android?

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:02 AM

A custom Android app may or maynot be in the making.  But you can use the following website quite well on a mobile platform - since that's what it's designed for.....

http://library.logos.com

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:57 PM

Paul Schack:

This may not be what you wanted, but someone posted about their success on an Android platform using an app that gave them access to their home desktop. L4 ran on their desktop & did all the heavy lifting there....... Sorry, but I don't have time to search & don't remember the name of the app (since I don't have an android).

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:02 PM

BillS:

This may not be what you wanted, but someone posted about their success on an Android platform using an app that gave them access to their home desktop. L4 ran on their desktop & did all the heavy lifting there....... Sorry, but I don't have time to search & don't remember the name of the app (since I don't have an android).

Blessings!

It was, I think, Logmein  which has an Android app.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:03 PM

And here's the link:

Logos 4 is available (sorta) on Android on iPhone - Logos Bible Software Forums < http://community.logos.com/forums/p/21118/159979.aspx >

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:04 PM

BillS:

Paul Schack:

Blessings!

That app is LogMeIn Ignition. It works quite well. I have logmein (Free) installed on my computers and I can use Ignition (a $30 app) on my android to remotely control my PC. The best way I have found to do it is the have LogMeIn automatically change the resolution on your PC when you log in so there isn't so much screen real estate to scroll around in. I then created custom layouts for use when I am logging in. On Sunday for example, I took notes during a sermon on my home PC within Libronix while logged in through my Android phone. 

There is little I haven't been able to do. I can hightlight, take notes, run reports. Diagramming is too difficult with the limited mouse abilities. 

I hope this is helpful. Try it; remember you have 24 hours to return the app for full refund in Android marketplace if it doesn't do what you thought it would do. I encoruage you to give it some time as learning how to control the mouse is a bit different and takes time. 

There were some concerns regarding data usage. I imagine the app takes an incredible amount of data to run, so you might want to think twice before running it if your data plan isn't unlimited (or at least pretty large). According to TMobile, I used more than 10 GB of data last month (not all log me in, I listen to Pandora very often as well). But just beware.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS