What are the "resources" that download?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:22 AM

Every once in a while (including this morning) Logos downloads "resources" and then asks me to relaunch the program. This is not a "Beta" update, but it says "downloading resources." I haven't bought any new books, etc. Is there any way for us to know if there is a general release of book updates or is it something else?

If this has been covered somewhere else, I apologize. Tried to search it and couldn't find it.

Thanks

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:26 AM

Google tends to search our forums better than the built-in search function. If you simply append site:community.logos.com to your Google query, you'll only see results from our forums.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:17 AM

Jason Alligood:

Every once in a while (including this morning) Logos downloads "resources" and then asks me to relaunch the program. This is not a "Beta" update, but it says "downloading resources." I haven't bought any new books, etc. Is there any way for us to know if there is a general release of book updates or is it something else?

If this has been covered somewhere else, I apologize. Tried to search it and couldn't find it.

Thanks

As far as this morning goes, it was the help file. (late last night actually) If you open your index log file, you can see what it is indexing. Or you can open your resources folder and sort by date. That is how I found out what it was.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 25
Jason Alligood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:24 AM

Great thanks! Good to know although some of the file names are hard to decipher. But this is a great start!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS