Are interlinears working yet?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
bryan jay | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 27 2010 4:41 AM

I'm trying to learn the Mac version by using the Windows version Wiki and noticed that the little button that should turn on the interlinear ribbon is not working.  Is this just because it hasn't been implemented as of beta 8?

Also, is there someplace on the forum besides release notes that lists what features are yet to be implemented? If so, I wouldn't have to post to find out.

Bryan

Theological Reflection with Practical Application

SubmittedToTheWord.com

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 4:55 AM

bryan jay:

I'm trying to learn the Mac version by using the Windows version Wiki and noticed that the little button that should turn on the interlinear ribbon is not working.  Is this just because it hasn't been implemented as of beta 8?

Wonder which resource(s) have interlinear button issues ?  Screen shot with logs could be helpful - forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6731.aspx has log posting tutorial.

ESV interlinear works in Beta 8 (including choosing interlinear columns):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 113
bryan jay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 5:18 AM

OK, this is good to know.  I'm actually using Beta 7.  I need to wait until September to download another beta because I'm overseas with limited internet and my august quota is nearing its peak. (4 GB a month for US$75... so no complaining about internet prices from you stateside folks : )

Bryan

SubmittedToTheWord.com

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 6:35 AM

bryan jay:
I'm actually using Beta 7.

The Interlinear pane has been implemented since Alpha 21. Are you using a Bible that doesn't have the reverse interlinear resources?

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 113
bryan jay | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 6:46 AM

I have Scholars Silver, so I would hope that would include reverse interlinear resources.  What do I need to look for?  My top Bibles are ESV and NASB, so I believe those should have it, right?  

Aha!  I just compared my libraries in L4 and Libronix and I have three reverse interlinear resources in Libronix that are not showing in L4.  I've had other issues with missing resources.  Any ideas on how I can make sure I have all my resources in L4.  I cannot connect to the internet for a synchronization due to being in a limited internet country.

Bryan

SubmittedToTheWord.com

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 8:20 PM

bryan jay:
Any ideas on how I can make sure I have all my resources in L4.

Logos 4 media DVD may be helpful => http://www.logos.com/products/details/5579

Logos 4 has scan optical media command.

By the way, Logos 4 Mac B8 disk image is 74.7 MB - looking at recent Beta releases, anticipate another Mac release next week => http://wiki.logos.com/The_Logos_4_Beta_Program

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2010 9:49 PM

bryan jay:
Aha!  I just compared my libraries in L4 and Libronix and I have three reverse interlinear resources in Libronix that are not showing in L4.

Reverse interlinears are handled differently in L4. They don't show up in the library, but they are integrated in to the main resource. You can tell if a bible supports interlinear in a few ways.

Does it have the "Interlinear pane" button or the "Display" button in the toolbar?

Or when you click on the information icon, does it list the Reverse Interlinear resources at the bottom:

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:36 AM

bryan jay:

I have Scholars Silver, so I would hope that would include reverse interlinear resources.  What do I need to look for?  My top Bibles are ESV and NASB, so I believe those should have it, right?  

Aha!  I just compared my libraries in L4 and Libronix and I have three reverse interlinear resources in Libronix that are not showing in L4.  I've had other issues with missing resources.  Any ideas on how I can make sure I have all my resources in L4.  I cannot connect to the internet for a synchronization due to being in a limited internet country.

Bryan

The following do have reverse interlinears: ESV, NASB, NRSV, NLT, NIV, KJV and NKJV. At one point they were not all completed (one might have the NT but not the OT finished) I think they are all complete now. You just have to click on the display. There should be a few straight interlinears, but you would have to search your library. The reverse interlinears are a really great resource.

In Christ,

Philana

Posts 22197
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:21 PM

Philana Crouch:
The following do have reverse interlinears: ESV, NASB, NRSV, NLT, NIV, KJV and NKJV. At one point they were not all completed (one might have the NT but not the OT finished) I think they are all complete now.

The NIV OT RI is not available yet.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS