Boot Up Problems Logos 4 for MAC

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
Mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:29 PM

This is a recurring problem.  It happened a month ago and was fixed; however, I am now experiencing the same problem.  I boot-up Logos 4 from my dock the program initializes, brings up the last layout, then crashes.  I have attached a compressed file containing:

indexer.log, Logos4.log, SyncClientErrors.log, and the Console Message.log

5412407.Archive.zip

Any help to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike [chesed@integrity.com]

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 2 2010 8:59 PM

You can work around the bug you're seeing by launching Logos 4 and then pressing "Cmd" to get to the login prompt, then selecting "Use a Blank Layout".

There's a bug that occasionally affects loading the Passage Guide Sections which pull data from the web. If you don't need them, you can collapse Sermons.Logos.com, SermonCentral.com, SermonAudio.com and PowerpointSermons.com for now to work around this. I

Also, 'll make sure the bug is still being tracked in our system so that we resolve it.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 23
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:55 AM

Hi Tom,

Well, I've tried that "cmd" option and I'm just not fast enough to get to "Use a Blank Layout."  <smile>  I do have an older version of Libronix that I'm using, but it doesn't compare to Logos4. 

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:57 AM

Michael R. Dugan:

Well, I've tried that "cmd" option and I'm just not fast enough to get to "Use a Blank Layout."  <smile>  I do have an older version of Libronix that I'm using, but it doesn't compare to Logos4. 

Idea Press and hold command key until sign-in appears.

CMD+click Dock Icon => opens Finder window with Logos Bible Software 4 highlighted.  CMD+Click+Click on Logos Bible Software 4 launches Logos, sign in appears in couple seconds (can release command key, then check "Use blank layout", followed by clicking "Sign-in").

Keep Smiling Smile 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS