Bible Dictionaries/Encyclopedia - Very pleased with purchase but one question about Anchor Yale

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 104
Stephen Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 12 2017 8:39 AM

The AYBD certainly looks like a good one based upon a few times that someone posts an article from it.  If you can get it at the 40% discount I would do it.  Us lay people can only look in envy as it is $269 for us.

Posts 213
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 6:29 AM

Edwin Bowden:

I think that one of the best additions anyone can make to their Logos library is the 8 volume IVP Bible Dictionary series. It is unique in that each volume focuses on one particular section of the Bible. I constantly find excellent detailed material, very well organized, that I do not find elsewhere. The set is 8800 pages long.

https://www.logos.com/product/37742/the-ivp-bible-dictionary-series

I had forgotten about this thread I started seven years ago!  Edwin, in the years since this original post, I have purchased the IVP dictionaries and agree totally with your assessment. Since I have the ISBE, the IVP, and Baker sets, I have not purchased the AYBD.  Just don't see the value it will add for me. I encourage everyone to purchase these three sets. Worthy every penny.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.