Logos Beta 10 Hangs after opening

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:03 PM

I just restarted the program so I could have the new books installed and it hanged again. The program is practically useless. I cannot close anything, I cannot open anything, I cannot do anything but force quit the entire program. There is nothing else I can do. I am on a MacBook and I have the multitouch function. When I slide 4 fingers down to see what I have open, it shows that logos has three stars in other windows. But it is just the starts...no windows are opening up and there were no extra windows that I had left open. It just hangs. Nothing I can do about it...except to use it on XP on my mac.7013203.Archive.zip

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:48 PM

Noticing current layout has many open resources linked together.  Workaround idea: click to launch Logos, then press and hold command key until sign-in dialog appears:

Click "Use blank layout", then click "Sign In".  From blank layout, can build new one or choose Layout from layout menu.  If crash repeats, could be an issue with layout (possibly some resources).

Observation about posted files: Logos4.log file shows stacktrace crash at 8:53 pm, but last entry in Console Messages is 8:50 pm - if Console Messages has corresponding crash information, imagine Logos Developers would like to see it.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:21 AM

Caleb Firth Sipley:

I just restarted the program so I could have the new books installed and it hanged again. The program is practically useless. I cannot close anything, I cannot open anything, I cannot do anything but force quit the entire program. There is nothing else I can do. I am on a MacBook and I have the multitouch function. When I slide 4 fingers down to see what I have open, it shows that logos has three stars in other windows. But it is just the starts...no windows are opening up and there were no extra windows that I had left open. It just hangs. Nothing I can do about it...except to use it on XP on my mac.7013203.Archive.zip

From your logs it appears as if there were server issues with one of the web services we use. Are you still having issues after trying to open a blank layout?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 4
Rev. Michael Lokietek | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:19 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 4
Rev. Michael Lokietek | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:20 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 12:07 PM

I restarted the whole program holding command and had it open a blank layout and it worked!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS