Precepts, AMG Bible Essentials, and setup

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 58
Gloria | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:57 PM

Hi fellow users:

A few weeks back, I came across a question about setup for Precepts study, and Ron shared how he set up his layout for precepts study, and it really helped me.

Until now...I've just purchased the AMG bible essentials, with the Zodhiates wordy study bible set, and I'm not sure what would be the best way to change my layout for study.  Should I use the KJV that it comes with, or will my NASB link to the wordy study book, etc.   If you know what I'm talking about and can help, please do.

Regards

Gloria

Posts 5706
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:19 PM

Gloria,  you can use them with your workspace without adding the KJV there if you want.

I've made a copy of Ron's workspace (without the highlight - haven't worked this passage yet) and made a video below showing how to make use of these resources.  I hope that helps you. 

In the video assume you wanted to know more about the word 'wickedness' in verse two.  FIrst I show the right-click menus for the 'Lemma' (i.e. the dictionary entry) and the Strong's Number, showing the Complete Word Study resources are missing.  To add them I show in the video how to prioritise them in your library.  I then go back to the worskpace and show how you can now use them in your study.

http://screencast.com/t/NDRlY2M1O

May God richly bless you as you mediate upon His Word.

Posts 58
Gloria | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:21 PM

Andrew:

Thanks for the wonderful video.  That really helped me in several ways.  Perhaps you might know the answer to this question as well.  I have the hardback books of the complete word study books, and when I look up words in the KJV, it gives me the tense, mood, etc. of the words, and then I can look them up to get a better understanding of the word and how it's used.  When I was playing with the books on logos, I could get to the parts of speech and such, but there was no link to look up what the pinn, or nn or ....was.  They just give the reference number that they use in the hardback books. 

I hope you understand what I"m saying.

Thanks

Gloria

Posts 5706
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:06 PM

Hi Gloria,

You can look up the codes that are found in the KJV Wordstudy Bible.  The following video shows you how to drill down to that information.  I dug out my microphone for this one so I can talk you through the process.

http://screencast.com/t/MzUxYTIyN

Blessings
Andrew

Posts 19227
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:26 PM

Andrew, once again, excellent videos!

Posts 58
Gloria | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:15 AM

I concur.  Amazing.  Thanks so much, Andrew.  You're the best!!!

Posts 2834
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:23 AM

Blessings Andrew - great videos!

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 5706
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:37 PM

Sometimes a picture video  is worth a thousand words......

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS