Manual for Logos4 Mac?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30
Jordan Tatom | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 9 2010 4:47 PM

Logos and Fellow Logos Users, 

I hope that I am posting this in the right place.  I try to keep up with the forums.  I do not think this has been asked, but I admit that I could be wrong.

I desire to have a manual for Logos 4 that I can hold in my hand, because I am old school like that.  I know that there are two volumes for the Windows version.  Is there a plan to make a manual(s) with Mac screenshots, etc.?  Is the UI similar enough that I would not be confused using the current manuals that were developed using Logos 4 for Windows?

I welcome comments from all, especially those who have the current manuals and are using the Mac version.

Thank you to all!

--Jordan 

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:44 PM

The UI is largely the same. The only real difference is that in the Mac version all the menus are at the top menu bar instead of built into the Logos window.

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:53 PM

I would say that things are similar enough (I have the MP Vol 1 and Vol 2 manuals for L4 with the updates) that everything maps. There are a few differences in implementation that may (I hope) be bridged with the exit of the beta, and obviously keyboard shortcuts are different, but that's really all I see.

An example of something that's different: When you click on a column in the library viewer on the mac, the sections are not collapsible. 

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:17 PM

Jordan Montgomery:

Logos and Fellow Logos Users, 

I hope that I am posting this in the right place.  I try to keep up with the forums.  I do not think this has been asked, but I admit that I could be wrong.

I desire to have a manual for Logos 4 that I can hold in my hand, because I am old school like that.  I know that there are two volumes for the Windows version.  Is there a plan to make a manual(s) with Mac screenshots, etc.?  Is the UI similar enough that I would not be confused using the current manuals that were developed using Logos 4 for Windows?

I welcome comments from all, especially those who have the current manuals and are using the Mac version.

Thank you to all!

--Jordan 

You would be best to contact MP Seminars for a definitive answer on their plans as to whether or not a separate MAC manual will be released.

WEB: http://www.mpseminars.com/

EMAIL: info@mpseminars.com

Posts 30
Jordan Tatom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 4:39 PM

Andrew,

I e-mail MP as you suggested and this is what I got:

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for writing. Yes that will be available in the next few weeks as soon as the Mac for Logos interface is complete.

Blessings,

Morris

[collapse]-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 10:42am

To: info@mpseminars.com

Subject: Logos4 Manual for Mac

MP Seminars,

I hope that this finds you well.  I desire to have a manual for Logos 4 that I can hold in my hand.  I know that there is a Windows version (volume 1 and 2), but is there any plan to make a manual for the Mac.  As you know some of the UI is different as well as the short cuts.  Plus, there would be a difference in the screen shots.

Thank you,

Jordan

Thank you to everyone who posted.

[/collapse]
Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 7:47 PM

Cool Nice to hear you got an answer and I am sure that will be useful info to others.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:15 AM

Mike S.:

An example of something that's different: When you click on a column in the library viewer on the mac, the sections are not collapsible. 

That would appear to me to be an oversight, because the Mac version of L4 (shipping Oct 1) is supposed to be completely feature parallel to the Windows version as of 4.0d. There might be minor visual differences to ensure Mac-likeness, but this particular feature doesn't seem to me to be something they would have had to leave out in order to be consistent with the Mac look and feel. It's quite useful, in fact, to be able to group your Library by certain fields.

I'm not a Mac user, but would anyone else who has both Win and Mac versions want to weigh in on this and report it as a bug if you feel it's something missing that they should have implemented on the Mac side already?

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:20 PM

Rosie Perera:
That would appear to me to be an oversight, because the Mac version of L4 (shipping Oct 1) is supposed to be completely feature parallel to the Windows version as of 4.0d.

While your assessment that this is an oversight happens to be quite true, I would disagree with your characterization that the version shipping on October 1 is "supposed to be…feature parallel". In fact, we have on many occasions stated quite clearly that this is not the case: for example, some entire features, such as Handouts will not be in the October 1 release.

Given that this was only very recently pointed out, it is highly unlikely that it will make it into the October 1 release of Logos 4. However, it is not terribly unlikely that you'll see it in a service release.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 8:34 PM

David Mitchell:
While your assessment that this is an oversight happens to be quite true, I would disagree with your characterization that the version shipping on October 1 is "supposed to be…feature parallel".

Thanks for setting me straight, David. Someone else corrected that misconception of mine on another thread but not until I'd had a chance to post this mistaken assessment here. Since I'm not always on the Mac forum I'd missed your other clear statements to that effect. I knew it wasn't going to have the new features that have been put in for 4.1 but wasn't aware of the other non-parallelisms. Sorry.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS