Suggested Taskbar Changes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Ryan Vasut | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:42 AM

Adding shortcuts to the taskbar is very nice. What would make it better is if a person could 'double-click' them to get them to open. At the moment, I am not able to do this on the shortcuts here. So I have to use control+click. Also, I haven't found an easy way to rearrange them. I just started using Aland's Synopsis, so I added a shortcut to it (the green shortcut). If I wanted it on the left end of that row, though, the only way I know to get that done is to delete all the shortcuts before that one and then add them back. A drag and drop feature would be nice here.

Also, what would REALLY make the taskbar useful would be to make it somewhat similar to the toolbar of the Finder window. In the finder window, you can add 'space', 'flexible space' and 'separator' to the toolbar to help organize the apps you're putting there.

Having this ability would allow a user to better organize shortcuts and resources. For instance, a person could keep their English Bibles, the frequent Greek Bibles and tools, and their Hebrew resources all separate. Many of the covers look the same, and if there are a lot of them on the taskbar, a person has to hover over them and wait for the box to appear with resource name or remember which order they were placed in. Here is an example of what this might look like if a person could organize like this.

This way a person doesn't have to have their resources mixed up or have shortcut commands mixed with them (notice the 'close all' on the right, and with a separator bar too). I have no idea how much work this would be, and I will still REALLY enjoy using L4 even if I never see this implemented. But it would be nice.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:52 AM

Ryan Thomas Vasut:
Adding shortcuts to the taskbar is very nice. What would make it better is if a person could 'double-click' them to get them to open. At the moment, I am not able to do this on the shortcuts here. So I have to use command+click. Also, I haven't found an easy way to rearrange them. I just started using Aland's Synopsis, so I added a shortcut to it (the green shortcut). If I wanted it on the left end of that row, though, the only way I know to get that done is to delete all the shortcuts before that one and then add them back. A drag and drop feature would be nice here.

On my Logos4Mac, I have no problem opening the resources on the bar with just a single click, I don't need to command-click at all.

Also I can rearrange the icons by dragging and dropping them, but it doesn't give you a visual cue as to where it will end up. So that would be a welcome addition.

Ryan Thomas Vasut:
Also, what would REALLY make the taskbar useful would be to make it somewhat similar to the toolbar of the Finder window. In the finder window, you can add 'space', 'flexible space' and 'separator' to the toolbar to help organize the apps you're putting there.

I would really like to have this also Smile

Grace be to you.

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 9:13 PM

Ryan Thomas Vasut:
What would make it better is if a person could 'double-click' them to get them to open.

You should be able to single click them to get them to open. If you can't there's a problem. We added some logging to Beta 11 because a few users reported this, but none of the devs have been able to reproduce this. If you wouldn't mind posting your log files, we can see if there is anything in the logs that might help us help you.

Ryan Thomas Vasut:
If I wanted it on the left end of that row, though, the only way I know to get that done is to delete all the shortcuts before that one and then add them back. A drag and drop feature would be nice here.

You should be able to drag and drop to rearrange. That's probably related to your problem of not being able to click. Again, logs would help. See the link in my signature on how to report bugs for info on how to post logs.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 656
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:28 AM

It would be nice if there was a different icon for the passage guide, word study guide, and exegetical guide as far as taskbar shortcuts go too. 

Posts 5248
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 12 2010 1:41 AM

Jeremy:

It would be nice if there was a different icon for the passage guide, word study guide, and exegetical guide as far as taskbar shortcuts go too. 

I agree, may I suggest...

A Chimp

A Quill Pen

and a Heart 

in that order

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2
Ryan Vasut | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 12:27 AM

Tom Philpot:

Ryan Thomas Vasut:
What would make it better is if a person could 'double-click' them to get them to open.

You should be able to single click them to get them to open. If you can't there's a problem. We added some logging to Beta 11 because a few users reported this, but none of the devs have been able to reproduce this. If you wouldn't mind posting your log files, we can see if there is anything in the logs that might help us help you.

Ryan Thomas Vasut:
If I wanted it on the left end of that row, though, the only way I know to get that done is to delete all the shortcuts before that one and then add them back. A drag and drop feature would be nice here.

You should be able to drag and drop to rearrange. That's probably related to your problem of not being able to click. Again, logs would help. See the link in my signature on how to report bugs for info on how to post logs.

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Here are my logs. I think there may be a problem with them. I followed all the steps a few times to make sure I was following them corectly, but it looks like my logs are only for 2 days (2/21/09-2/22/09).

06680.Archive.zip

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS