Restore accidenly delited notesRestore accidenly delited notes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1502
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 10 2010 10:56 PM

I accidently deleted my notes by pressing on the red x button. Is there a way to restore it

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 19252
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:01 PM

If you press Ctrl+Z right away it will undo the deletion.

If it's too late for undo: If you have another computer that you had installed Logos on and it was synced up to include that Note, you can probably retrieve a backup version of it from there. Just start up Logos on that other machine, with the Ctrl key held down and choose to run Offline, so it won't sync with the note deletion.

Otherwise, I'm afraid you're out of luck. This is something we've requested to Logos that they need to put in a confirmation message about, because it's too easy to do it accidentally. And we've also requested that they add backup/restore capability for Notes and things.

Hope you haven't lost a lot of work.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 5:08 AM

Rosie Perera:
And we've also requested that they add backup/restore capability for Notes and things.

YES PLEASE Logos, Can we get a real Backup and Restore for user-content please?

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 6:03 AM

Amen, keyword is Local though...

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:41 AM

There is an entry on uservoice for this very issue...it doesn't have very many votes yet, however:

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/692078-enhance-user-file-management-so-they-are-truly-bac?ref=title

I, for one, am very nervous about using notes without some way of restoring accidentally deleted notes.

EDIT: here's another uservoice entry that is similar: http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-4/suggestions/764724-ability-to-export-user-content-backups-?ref=title

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:19 PM

I have/had a working system, but as the schema has changed twice during this beta so far, cant/wont release it until 4.1 goes gold..

.. but I still hope that Logos incorporate it themselves though

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS