B11 - Very slow to list parallel resources

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 11 2010 2:55 PM

I haven't used the parallel resources button (the little vertical bars button) much until I recently discovered its utility.  However the time taken to "find" parallel resources is (imho) excessive.  Sometimes it takes more than 5 seconds to "search" while the spinning wheel thingy spins.

Any chance this can be optimized, as it is very useful (now that I've discovered its value) :-)

Posts 10600
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2010 5:10 PM

Stuart Robertson:
Any chance this can be optimized, as it is very useful (now that I've discovered its value) :-)

This must be a problem in the core code, for the same complaint surfaces frequently for the Windows version. The system rebuilds the list(s) each time you click the parallel resources button.

Posts 524
Stuart Robertson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 12 2010 6:15 AM

So does that mean the case for optimizing this is twice as strong? :-) ... since both "camps" would benefit and it is a complaint that "surfaces frequently".

Posts 10600
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 3:10 AM

Stuart Robertson:
So does that mean the case for optimizing this is twice as strong? :-) ... since both "camps" would benefit and it is a complaint that "surfaces frequently".

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon, but I have not seen any response from Logos.

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 13 2010 12:13 PM

Jack Caviness:
The system rebuilds the list(s) each time you click the parallel resources button.

This is a prime example of something that should be cached by Logos 4 to speed up display.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:15 PM

This is still a problem in the Gold Release.

My parallel resource lists takes around 30 seconds to populate.

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 12:01 AM

Stephen Ashton:

Jack Caviness:
The system rebuilds the list(s) each time you click the parallel resources button.

This is a prime example of something that should be cached by Logos 4 to speed up display.

I'm not sure, but I think the reason for the delay is that L4 is actually only showing the parallel resources for the specific verse location. Libronix didn't do this an it was frustrating to move to a parallel resource that didn't cover the current location.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS