Hermeneia is newly available for download, and on sale for 50% off!!

Page 5 of 7 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 130 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 2:42 PM

Dan Pritchett:
We realize that many people recently bought the Continental Commentary Series as a standalone package from Logos, and they have graciously agreed to offer full refunds of the Continental Commentary Series to anyone that commits to buying the new complete Hermeneia download after October 1st. For more details, please contact Logos after October 1st at 800-875-6467.
For 16 years I have been a customer of Logos Bible Software (now on Mac :-).  This is but one example of the integrity I have observed over all these years.  It is also the kind of customer care that makes me proud to be an employee (even if it has only been 8 months). 

Even though I do not own this series, as a customer and employee of Logos, I hope you don't mind if I jump in to say Thanks Dan!

Blessings.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:04 PM

For those that have placed two Pre-Pubs (OT/NT) you might want to cancel them and get the full enchilada now:

The entire thing - Hermeneia and Continental Commentaries (63 Vols.)

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/8047

Hermeneia/Continental Commentaries: New Testament (31 Vols.)

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/7756

Hermeneia/Continental Commentaries: Old Testament (39 Vols.)

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/7755

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:26 PM

Dan Pritchett:

For those that have placed two Pre-Pubs (OT/NT) you might want to cancel them and get the full enchilada now:

The entire thing - Hermeneia and Continental Commentaries (63 Vols.)

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/8047

Thank you, Dan! That's awesome! I've just done exactly that. Smile

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:50 PM

This is wonderful. I recently bought the Continental Commentary (And I love it!) - and I have wanted the Hermeneia for a long time but found it too expensive for the moment.

So of course I was excited as it dropped to half price - and even though it's still a very very good price  I felt a little sorry that if I had waited I could have had Continental included

So this is wonderful news. Thank you LOGOS

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:55 PM

What is the benefit of buying the 63 volume set?

I haven't done a rigorous comparison, but seems to me that the 39 vols + 31 vols for the same price would be better.

Posts 5095
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 4:27 PM

Garrett Ho:

What is the benefit of buying the 63 volume set?

I haven't done a rigorous comparison, but seems to me that the 39 vols + 31 vols for the same price would be better.

There is an overlap between the two sets, see earlier in this discussion for more details hence 39+31 = 63

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 4:41 PM

Thanks! 

Posts 97
Al | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:37 PM

Nice, but I find it frustrating that I was in on the first day of the Hermeneia pre-pub several years ago, the first day (I believe) of the Continental commentaries, spent $800 (ok, $798) for the two sets, and now it's being offered for $600. Ouch.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:22 AM

Al Bastin:
Nice, but I find it frustrating that I was in on the first day of the Hermeneia pre-pub several years ago, the first day (I believe) of the Continental commentaries, spent $800 (ok, $798) for the two sets, and now it's being offered for $600. Ouch.

I'm in the same situation. But I've have two years' worth of Hermeneia, which as to be worth something. Part of my wishes that everyone who bought Hermeneia all those years ago should get Continental for free, but I know that's unreasonable. We paid our money for Hermeneia, and were happy with the value offered at the time. If Logos now want to offer even better value to others, I guess I need to rejoice with those who rejoice!

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:39 AM

Mark Barnes:
We paid our money for Hermeneia, and were happy with the value offered at the time. If Logos now want to offer even better value to others, I guess I need to rejoice with those who rejoice!

That's a wonderful attitude, Mark. Thank you.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 6:57 AM

Dan Pritchett:
We realize that many people recently bought the Continental Commentary Series as a standalone package from Logos, and they have graciously agreed to offer full refunds of the Continental Commentary Series to anyone that commits to buying the new complete Hermeneia download after October 1st. For more details, please contact Logos after October 1st at 800-875-6467.

Will there be any kind of discount for people who recently bought Hermeneia?

Thanks

Posts 373
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:39 AM

Rosie, if you'll remember my question just a few short weeks ago regarding what I needed to buy here shortly to prep myself for seminary in two to three years, this was one of the items on my list.  

I don't know why, but for one of the first times in my life, I decided to wait.... :)  I just didn't feel comfortable digging into a payment plan at that moment, for some reason ...

So, I waited and then this comes along in my RSS reader.  OMW, what a value.  Essentially, this is over $1800 in stuff for $600  - my chips are in! :)

Wilson Hines

Posts 48
Jeffrey S Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 9:41 AM

I also have the Hermeneia 43-volumes (40 + 3 upgrade), for which I paid (I think)  about as much as the current package offer.  I don't think I have the Continental Commentary set, so I would have a pretty good benefit from the package.  But it would be the first time I double-bought something that expensive.

Maybe I could give the old ones to someone (at least the CD-ROM original).

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 9:53 AM

Jeffrey S Gordon:
Maybe I could give the old ones to someone (at least the CD-ROM original).

Since this isn't an upgrade, you can sell your existing set or give it away. Logos CS will transfer the license for $20 to the new owner. If you sell it you can recoup some of the cost of getting the new offering.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:00 AM

Mark Barnes:

Al Bastin:

I'm in the same situation. But I've have two years' worth of Hermeneia, which as to be worth something. Part of my wishes that everyone who bought Hermeneia all those years ago should get Continental for free, but I know that's unreasonable. We paid our money for Hermeneia, and were happy with the value offered at the time. If Logos now want to offer even better value to others, I guess I need to rejoice with those who rejoice!

Reminds me of The Laborers in the Vineyard parable (Mat 20:1-16)

Posts 48
Jeffrey S Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:19 AM

After thinking about it, I was pretty sure this would be possible.  Who would you contact to do something like this?  Sales?

In any event, I think I'll order the new set.

Thanks.

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:26 AM

Contact Customer Service and they can take care of you when you are ready to transfer the license. Or call them now and check what they'd want you to do once you are ready do the transfer.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:27 AM

Jeffrey S Gordon:
Who would you contact to do something like this?  Sales?

You're asking about how to transfer a license, I think? Sales or Customer Service. I'm not sure which. But either way, just call the main Logos number (see www.logos.com, upper right, for number and open hours). Tell them what you're calling about and they'll be able to direct you to the right department to handle it.

Posts 373
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 5:32 AM

Mark Barnes:

Hermeneia is pretty critical in its approach (for better and worse), and like most sets quite variable. It's not very theological, but will often pay close attention to historical background. Some of the volumes are quite old (though not as bad as ICC), and several are translations from German theologians. The problem with the older volumes is that they sometimes employed methods which have not stood the test of time. Sometimes they're surprisingly brief, other volumes (e.g. Romans) are very substantial.

Mark, just letting you know I extensively quoted you on my blog post regarding this collection:  http://bit.ly/dylOcS

Wilson Hines

Posts 218
Dennis Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 5:49 AM

These all seem to be very popular with many of you who don't seem to have a problem laying out that kind of cash for them. (or maybe the payment plan). My question is since I am not familiar with any of the authors listed, who appear to be of the German/European community, what school of theology do they come from, Reformed, Neo-Orthodoxy, Evangelical, etc?

Page 5 of 7 (131 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS