Bible Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 43
R. Pared | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 16 2010 6:08 PM

I seem to have lost the ability to "Mark as read" in my reading plan.  Sad  Yesterday before the Release candidate 3, I seemed fine but not today.  I was simply opening up my reading plan (via the file menu) and it was opening the calendar view.  Then I simply right clicked on a date and could select "Mark as read" even if it was in the future a bit.  I was staying with my old testament readings while working ahead on the New testament.  Can someone else confirm that this has been lost?  I restarted Logos and no success.  It doesn't crash, but just doesn't give me the option.  Do you still need logs?

Robin

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:05 PM

Workaround Idea: Reading Plan list view, can right click on future reading item, then click "Mark as Read"

In Mac RC 3 Reading Plan calendar view, able to click "Done" - calendar day changes color and Done replaced by check mark - however right click menu missing on Mac.

PC Logos 4.1 RC 2 Reading Plan calendar view has right click menu:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:16 PM

Robin,

As a work around, you can click on List view, then right click and "Mark As Read". It appears the context menu on the future dates has gone missing. I'll file a bug.

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 30
Donald E. Shannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 3:41 PM

Hi Tom and All;

First post in quite a while.

First, what a great job you guys have been doing!

At first, it was painfully slow for me, but you guys quickly outpaced my ability to keep up with all the changes. It wasn't long before you guys were talking about things that were beyond me.

Today I am trying to follow comments on reading plan. I am in the middle (well not really middle) of my read the Bible in a year plan (after several moves around Florida) and re-installs of LOGOS, I might actually finish this time.

I am having some trouble getting back to the environment I like, (Bible in one window and info screen in other) and trying to understand why sometimes marked as read worked and others it didn't (my ignorance I'm sure) but I was trying to sort this all out using 'search' on forum and came across this post.

It took me a while to figure out that I had to scroll to the top to find the 'calendar list' options. Did I miss that in the post, or maybe it should have been said?

The posts are great and I have been learning a lot from them, but I am finding sometimes the topic is over my head in that I am struggling with trying to figure out where all these things are done and found.

I'm starting to diverge from my main question. which has to do with layouts...I have a few saved which work great

can someone direct me to a post that will help me learn how to open my Bible reading plan in one of my preferred layouts or at least get back to reading plan after changing layouts?

My curernt plan is to search on bible plan layout.

Thanks,

Don

Posts 5661
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 21 2010 12:57 AM

Don

Probably the quickest way to get back to your reading plan is via the Home Page.

Use the 'Customize' (sorry for the spelling) button on the bottom left hand side of the window to ensure that your reading plans appear in the ribbon on the top of the page.

The other way is to go to 'File' in the tool bar and select your reading plan from that rather un-mac like conglomeration.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:14 PM

Appears fixed in SR-1 Beta 1 - Calendar View can now mark as read (and changes start/stop reading bars in Bible).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 24
Famille Thevoz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 11:20 AM

Quickest way to go to your reading plan is to drag and drop its tab into the Logos toolbar, at the right of the command field. This will dock an icon for it, as you can do for any other open book or resource. 

From now on, simply click on that icon and the reading plan magically opens. ;-)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:21 PM

I have a link for my Daily Reading Layout on my shortcut bar. This works best for me. It opens up all the resources I need so I just go from tab to tab. I start out with my Bible reading, then my book reading, then my Bible memorization, then my prayer list.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS