Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
Larry Wing | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 16 2010 9:27 PM

I received notice that the ESVSB was available. I then ran the update which seemed to install the esvsb file but L3 on Windows Vista does not find it. It also is not shown in Account Management.

I've verified the path and refreshed resources. I've also followed the FAQ and syncronized licenses with the Logos server. All to no avail.

Can anyone give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Larry

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:24 PM

Larry Wing:

I received notice that the ESVSB was available. I then ran the update which seemed to install the esvsb file but L3 on Windows Vista does not find it. It also is not shown in Account Management.

I've verified the path and refreshed resources. I've also followed the FAQ and syncronized licenses with the Logos server. All to no avail.

Thanks,

Larry

Did you restart L3 after running the update/install script?

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 7
Larry Wing | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:04 AM

Yes, I did. Several times.

I've verified the license is in place and the file in the resource path. But when I go to My Library and set it as All Known Resources (as well as Locked and Unloced) there is no ESVSB listed.

I've also cleared the cache multiple times.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Posts 7
Larry Wing | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:30 AM

Interestingly, I just installed on my desktop and it is found without any problem. Desktop is Vista Business and notebook is Vista Home Premium.

I've also retried running the update script on the notebook but to no avail.

Larry

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:03 AM

One other thing you might try is Refresh Resources. Go to Tools>Options>General>Resource Paths and click 'Refresh Resources'. Close L3 and reopen it for this to execute (it takes a few minutes depending on the size of your library).

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:30 AM

Larry Wing:

Larry, I have Logos 4 on my laptop but L3 on the desktop at church and had the same problem as you with the computer running L3. What I did was to go the ESV Study Bible page and download the resource files to my resource folder in Libronix. Once I syncronized my licenses the ESVSB opened in L3. Hope this resolves your problem. This is the link to the files

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5253

Blessings

Posts 7
Larry Wing | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:13 AM

Thank you but that didn't help either.

I've emailed support but it must be something about this computer since 2 other computers worked fine.

Thanks,

Larry

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:28 AM

Larry Wing:

Thank you but that didn't help either.

I've emailed support but it must be something about this computer since 2 other computers worked fine.

Thanks,

Larry

If you have it working in L3 on the other computers, have you tried simply copying the file to your 1st computer? No guarantees, but it could work, if your licenses really are synced.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 7
Larry Wing | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 5:53 AM

Thanks. Tried that too but it didn't work.

I guess I'll have to wait for Logos to reply.

Larry

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 11:59 AM

Larry Wing:

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting the book to show up in your Libronix software. In reading through the information you have posted here regarding the things you have & have not tried, I'd recommend checking to see what version of Libronix you are running as you do need to be running 3.0g in order to have access to this book. To determine what version you are running, go to Help > About Libronix DLS and you will see the words "Libronix Digital Library System" followed by a 2 digit number. If the number there is 2.1b or below, we will need to uninstall and reinstall Libronix by following the steps on this page. If the number listed there is 2.1c up to 3.0f, we will need to update your system by following the steps on this page. If the number listed there is 3.0g, then you do have the latest version of Libronix on your computer. When those steps are complete, follow the steps below for how to download the book onto your computer.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

1. Close Libronix
  2. Click here for the book file
  3. A "File Download" box will appear. Click on "Save."
  4. A "Save As" window will appear.
  5. Make sure Desktop appears in the skinny box next to the arrows. If this does not appear click Browse Folders in the lower left hand corner of the window. Select Desktop from the list of Favorite Links that appears on the left column.
  6. Click Save.
  7. When the download is finished navigate to the Desktop and locate the file.
  8. Right click on the file and choose Cut.
  9. Open Computer and navigate to the path that you have set up for the Resources
  10. Once you are in the Resources folder click on Organize and choose Paste.
  11. Reopen Libronix
  12. Go to TOOLS > LIBRARY MANAGEMENT > SYNCHRONIZE LICENSES

The next time you go into Libronix the book should now appear in your My Library.

If the ESV Study Bible does not appear, or if you have any other questions, just reply to this post.

Thank you,

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 7
Larry Wing | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:37 PM

Thank you Deborah (and all who offered suggestions).

Deborah, I had already tried your suggestion as well as a few variations. Thank you anyway.

Surprisingly, I started it up a few minutes ago and surprise - it was there. It wasn't there this AM so I don't know what changed but I'm happy now.

Thanks again,

Larry

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS