Printing out of Logos for Mac

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 65 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 12:07 PM

Bless your heart!

Thanks for the link.  It was helpful!  I am going to play with it a little and see if I can take it further.

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 12:29 PM

You're welcome!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 12:40 PM

I don't believe this! I thought about asking you in the last post if you'd seen Mark Barnes' videos, but since he hadn't released one on Passage Lists yet, I didn't. Turns out he did release one on Passage Lists virtually the second I made that decision! Here it is: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/26073.aspx. Haven't seen it myself yet, but all his videos tend to be great.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 3:16 PM

fgh:
I don't believe this! I thought about asking you in the last post if you'd seen Mark Barnes' videos, but since he hadn't released one on Passage Lists yet, I didn't. Turns out he did release one on Passage Lists virtually the second I made that decision

Thank you so much, fgh.  I appreciate your help very much.  I am watching the video as I type!  It is very good, and very simple.

After I watch it, I will see which things work on the Mac.

And thank you, to Mark for all your work.

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 7:41 PM

Sharon:

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
In Excel worksheet, have many options for marking/tracking inductive comparison progress.

I guess I had always thought Excel was a windows program.  I have never used Excel.  Yet, it doesn't make sense that the button would be there in Mac if it only applies to Windows.  Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?   But, wow, it looks great if it would work.

Microsoft sells Office for Mac => http://www.microsoft.com/mac/  - verified "Export to Excel" works with Office 2004 installed on Mac (with Logos 4.0a SR-4).

Observation: Mac Office files may have compatibility issues with PC Office (e.g. have experienced a PowerPoint presentation looking great on Mac, but awful on PC).

Dreaming: wish graphical search results had configurable option for export (e.g. Calc - Open Office or Excel - Microsoft Office)

fgh:

Since you're not getting any replies I can at least give you a link about how to save a Passage List: http://wiki.logos.com/Passage_List (look under "Saving verses returned by a Bible/Morph/Syntax search").

The rest is beyond me, I'm afraid; you'll have to wait for KS4J or someone else.

Wiki page reference good - after search done, clicked "Save as Passage List" => opened Passage List in new tab - could highlight verses, copy, and paste.  To copy a range of verses, clicked first verse, then shift clicked last verse (highlighted verses) - used keyboard shortcut to copy - switched to TextEdit - paste (then screenshot previously posted).

Also learned could hover mouse over verse in passage list - delete X appears to right - clicked X to delete verse from list.

To delete whole list, clicked File menu - right click on Passage List - clicked Delete (quite similar to PC version of Logos 4).

By the way, have learned to preview forum reply before posting - sometimes need to click "HTML" to edit markup tags - change divisions (div) to paragraphs (p) so all looks good (can happen with multiple quotes in a reply).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 191
Sharon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 8:45 PM

Thanks and many more thanks!  To everyone!  (And good advice, too, on the preview!)

Sharon

wordcenterministries.org

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS