a better ( non scrolling) way to read my library on laptop pr desktop

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 37
Chuckk Gerwig | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:27 PM

It would be such a help if there was a better way to read books on logos library on a laptop or laptop.  Scrolling is not as comfortable and easy as turning  page on a book or even like virtual page turning on iPad or iPhone.  Maybe use the arrows to go to the next page in a special readers view.  

Posts 12
C Russell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 1:14 AM

I agree, this would be helpful.

Posts 6724
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:51 AM

Chuckk Gerwig:

It would be such a help if there was a better way to read books on logos library on a laptop or laptop.  Scrolling is not as comfortable and easy as turning  page on a book or even like virtual page turning on iPad or iPhone.  Maybe use the arrows to go to the next page in a special readers view.  

Have you tried using page up and page down? It works on the windows version.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 3:21 AM

Lynden Williams:
Have you tried using page up and page down? It works on the windows version.

Hitting the space bar works in a similar fashion.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:58 AM

Notwithstanding the suggestions, which are good ....  The positive news is that a better reading mode is in fact on the drawing board.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:57 AM

Chuckk Gerwig:
It would be such a help if there was a better way to read books on logos library on a laptop or laptop.  Scrolling is not as comfortable and easy as turning  page on a book or even like virtual page turning on iPad or iPhone.

I think a set of Voice Recognition commands would be great.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2010 10:14 PM

Kevin Becker:

Hitting the space bar works in a similar fashion.

Fantastic - thank you, sir! Big Smile That is going to be so helpful for reading. Since I don't have page up/down (laptop), I was having to always use the scroll bar.

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2010 8:30 PM

One other thing you can do, at least on newer computers, is go to start and enter keyboard.  It will (on windows 7 anyway) show you an option for an on screen keyboard. Open it and then drag it off your screen so enough is left on it to page up and down or to click on the space bar.  Now click on the resource you want to read and you can change pages with the click of a mouse.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS