Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 37
cheryl | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 24 2010 3:53 AM

How can I find a map and then find a specific city?  I am confused about the maps and would like to know how to use this 

feature if possible.  Do I need to purchase another module to have the maps displayed?  Thanks for any help.  Not very good at this yet.

Cheryl

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 4:13 AM

Cheryl,

If you want to open a map without right-clicking the name of a location in any text but instead start from scratch, then type: show biblical places in the command bar.

When the Biblical places floating window comes up...then type the name of the city you want to find.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 37
cheryl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 5:20 AM

Thanks so much Robert, I appreciate the help.  Still learning about all this.

Cheryl

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 7:29 AM

Cheryl,

Here's the same thing on the Mac.

Then type where you want to see.

And there you are! Smile

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 8:39 AM

There's an even faster way to do this, if you jealously guard every mouse click and keystroke:

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5620
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 8:42 AM

David Mitchell:

There's an even faster way to do this, if you jealously guard every mouse click and keystroke:

I'm not sure that's fewer keystrokes. Didn't you have to type the whole "open biblical places to malta"?  Whereas, two clicks on the menu, and type "malta" does the same thing.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5265
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 8:48 AM

Todd Phillips:
I'm not sure that's fewer keystrokes. Didn't you have to type the whole "open biblical places to malta"?  Whereas, two clicks on the menu, and type "malta" does the same thing.

Don't be silly Todd!

1 mouse click = 3.1427 keyboard strokes.

Everyone knows that!

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 9:00 AM

Mike Binks:
Todd Phillips:

Don't be silly Todd!

1 mouse click = 3.1427 keyboard strokes.

Everyone knows that!

While I don't use as precise a measure as that, the speed at which most people can type far outpaces the speed at which they can locate small targets on the screen with the mouse and click on them—I believe there's even a keyboard shortcut to move to the command bar, but I can't remember what it is at the moment.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 37
cheryl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:21 PM

Thanks, very helpful.  I have another question, when I right click (control +click) on highlighted place word I do not get a map showing the place highlighted.  Am I doing something wrong or does Logos not do this?

thanks

cheryl

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 24 2010 2:08 PM

Cheryl Stutz:

Thanks, very helpful.  I have another question, when I right click (control +click) on highlighted place word I do not get a map showing the place highlighted.  Am I doing something wrong or does Logos not do this?

thanks

cheryl

I'm not quite sure what part of the application you're talking about, but there isn't anywhere I can think of that we do this with only a right-click. However, in most (all?) Bibles, you can click on a Person, Place, or Thing and quickly jump to the applicable Biblical People/Places/Things entry:

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 37
cheryl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:05 PM

Thanks for the help everyone, hoping I can learn the ins and outs of this program.  I really like it better than Accordance so I hope to learn this Logos.

God bless

Cheryl

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS