Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Courtier J. Stephens | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:10 AM

I apologize for not being "techie" for Linux. A friend of mine changed my netbook from Windows to Linux (while he had it), and now I have got it back... I have Libronix and Logos 5, and now am very disappointed because although I downloaded Virtual Box... I don't know what to do next because I'm not familiar with Linux AT ALL...*tear tear* I have Unbutu 13.10 version...

I just want SOMETHING to work! I love my netbook!

...and YES, for the sake of NOT beating a dead horse, I have another Window based laptop, Android phones, blah blah...  I want it on this netbook

Posts 51
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 1:40 PM

Get your Windows CD or DVD, run virtual box, search with google or virtual box help file or wiki to set the settings, the details work but you must pass through all devices like the DVD drive and networking so you can register Logos and download books.

Put your Windows disk, install Windows as you would normally, including any reboots and registrations.

It's very simple, only thing that takes time is installing Windows.

When you want to run Windows, run virtual box, select the Windows system and start.  Be sure to note the keyboard keys you need to press to get out of Windows, that's important and you can switch between Linux and Windows using those keys and your mouse.

Linux is far better than Windows, but for now Virtual Box (or other) is the solution.

David

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 6:03 AM

Courtier J. Stephens:
I want it on this netbook

Wonder about using linux netbook to remotely run Libronix and Logos 5 on your other Windows laptop ?

=> http://www.7tutorials.com/connecting-windows-remote-desktop-ubuntu

Curious about netbook hardware ? CPU, Ram, Storage capacity ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS