Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 6:27 PM

Todd,

Once again, it is not just the forums. My Firefox Browser is Sloooowww.

I actually went back to IE7 this morning. I am running Firefox next to it but it hasn't picked up speed. Could it be that invisible user feedback program that collects anonomous statistics? I just upgraded to the latest and that's when I noticed the lack of speed.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:00 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Once again, it is not just the forums. My Firefox Browser is Sloooowww.

Ok, I'll grant that Firefox may be an issue: the whole browser is non-responsive when loading the pages, and IE7 doesn't show that particular problem.  However it was fine just a few days ago, and I use Firefox all day long in my job and don't have the issue on other sites...at least that I'm aware of.  So I'm guessing that it's Javascript changes under the covers that may be causing the problem with FF.

IE7 has it's own performance issues for me.  It's much slower when scrolling than Firefox is.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:07 PM

Well, I eventully got a non-responsive Javascript error for  http://bible.logos.com/jsapi/referencetagging.js:1

I noticed that FF was running large: 240M of memory.  I restarted Firefox, and the forums are responsive again.  Memory leak?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 7:51 PM

Running FF 3.5b4 in Win7 I sometimes get several seconds delay "waiting for forum" but overall the forums are not slow. Addons are:

1. Adblock Plus
  2. Adblock Plus element hiding Helper
  3. Tab Mix Plus beta
  4.  Xmarks

Memory used is about 110 MB in 8 tabs (20 max. over 3 days & numerous Sleeps).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 8:52 PM

Todd Phillips:

Well, I eventully got a non-responsive Javascript error for  http://bible.logos.com/jsapi/referencetagging.js:1

I noticed that FF was running large: 240M of memory.  I restarted Firefox, and the forums are responsive again.  Memory leak?

One of our web developers "identified a bug in FF3.5’s regular expression engine that causes a specific kind of complex regular expression to perform extremely poorly." RefTagger uses just such a complex regular expression. The bug has been reported to Mozilla, and it should be fixed in a future version of Firefox—hopefully in 3.5.1.

Since it gets worse the more time the RefTagger script is run, you can alleviate the problem a bit by restarting your browser regularly. Another solution is to use a different browser in the meantime. We're also considering temporarily disabling RefTagger.

Posts 52
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:35 PM

I am using Safari 4 and everything seems to run pretty snappy.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:57 PM
same here

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:11 PM

Reuben Evans:

I am using Safari 4 and everything seems to run pretty snappy.

The problem is exclusive to Firefox 3.5. All other browsers (and even earlier and later versions of Firefox) should not be affected.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:17 PM
Thanks Phil, So when you say you might disable RefTagger, do you mean just here on the site or globally for all sites that use RefTagger?

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2009 11:46 PM

Joe Miller:
So when you say you might disable RefTagger, do you mean just here on the site or globally for all sites that use RefTagger?

Just here on the forums.

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:11 AM

For the benefit of those of us that primarily run FF3.5, I've temporarily disabled RefTagger on the forums. As soon as a new version of FireFox is released that fixes this problem, I'll turn that back on, but I've already seen a noticeable speed up in viewing the larger pages on here.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:16 AM

David Ladiges:

For the benefit of those of us that primarily run FF3.5, I've temporarily disabled RefTagger on the forums. As soon as a new version of FireFox is released that fixes this problem, I'll turn that back on, but I've already seen a noticeable speed up in viewing the larger pages on here.

David, do you work for Logos? If so, it would help us forum users know who you are, if that were identified in some way.

If not, how do you turn of RefTagger on the forums? Are there any other secret powers some of us users can have on the forums?Wink

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1827
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 9:20 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
David, do you work for Logos? If so, it would help us forum users know who you are, if that were identified in some way.

All Logos employees (should) have a Logos logo under their avatar.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 10:24 AM

Phil Gons:
All Logos employees (should) have a Logos logo under their avatar.

Ah, now I see it. Did you just put that there? Wink

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2009 1:00 PM

It's been there for a while now, just don't think we ever got around to mentioning it.

As far as I know, I have tagged every employee that has posted so we should all show up with the Logos badge now. If an employee posts and I don't have them tagged, I'll try to get them badged as soon as I hear about it.

David

Posts 6
Eric | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 19 2019 4:15 PM

Dear David, 

I want to use reftagger in french, ... I juat have to do minor modification in the script to have

refTagger.fr.js

and the LSG version

Unfortunately, most servers hosting WP do not give dummies admin FTP access.

-.... so, WP does not allow modifiction of the script, ... could you add LSG and french as you allowed spanish?

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 21 2019 3:19 PM

Eric:
I want to use reftagger in french, ...

Eric, this is an old thread in a rarely visited forum.

You should continue this topic in the Reftagger Forum, perhaps by posting to your original thread.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS