Gold ...or... SR1 Beta?

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 42 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:14 PM

Pat Flanakin:

Perhaps you can name one software available that emphasizes literary use of resources where you cannot print.  There may be another, but 99.9% of literary based software CAN PRINT.

absolutely.

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Daniel B.:
A printing feature is all I want for Christmas this year.
So, umm, everybody knows that printing is on our list, right? And that Windows just got it? It's not like we need convincing…

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 2:03 PM

David Mitchell:

I'm sure we all have anecdotes about the preferences of one or two users—that's why it's important to collect usage statistics, which we do (and not just from forum users!). For most users, printing was not nearly as important as all of the other new features that went into 4.0, so we skipped it. And with the advent of devices like the iPhone and iPad, it's becoming even less important.

That said, we've tried to be as transparent as possible about what our software does and doesn't do. This page has documented from day one which features are not included (that were present in previous versions of Libronix), and you'll note that it still says that printing support hasn't yet been included in a stable release.Furthermore, I'm sure that customer service would be happy to give a refund to anyone who feels that they've been cheated out of their money because we offer a software package that doesn't provide support for printing.

Cameron Watters:
Daniel B.:
A printing feature is all I want for Christmas this year.
So, umm, everybody knows that printing is on our list, right? And that Windows just got it? It's not like we need convincing…

I had just mentioned it in passing in this forum. It is an important feature. I am glad it is forthcoming, because I know it was previously promised (Had it not been, I would have went with the less-aesthetically-pleasing Accordance).

Thanks, Cameron, for clarifying. Big Smile

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS