Search for greek term in entire library freezes program

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 15
Barry E. Wills | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:20 AM

After discovering a variant of a greek word I was studying in an unusual resource, I wanted to search the entire library for the word, but when I right clicked on the greek term for sincerity and searched, the searches came up, but the 
"Topic" tab kept spinning for maybe 20-30 minutes. It wouldn't let me shut down, so I had to force quit. Today, it came back up when I opened Logos, spun for 20-30 minutes (during which time the rest of L4 was usable), but then froze the program when I tried to shut down the search.

Screen shot is attached.

Posts 5442
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:43 AM

Barrry E. Wills:
Screen shot is attached.

No it isn't Wink

I take it you know that you can open to a blank layout by holding down the command key while launching Logos and selecting that option from the resulting window.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:52 AM

In addition to a screenshot, it would be most helpful to have your logs (collect them after Logos 4 freezes, but before you restart); it's likely that there's a problem on a background thread, and logs will help us to narrow it down.

Also, were there angle brackets in your search query?

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 15
Barry E. Wills | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:12 AM

Sorry about the screen shot. I saw it when I hit post. Anyway, I hope the stuff you need is attached this time.0825.Archive.zip

Posts 15
Barry E. Wills | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:15 AM

It might be helpful to know I got to the search by clicking on the greek term in the interlinear and choosing "Search Entire Library" from the pop-up window.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 4 2010 9:43 AM

There was a problem with search queries containing angle brackets ('<' and '>') in the GM release. It'll be fixed in the next release.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 15
Barry E. Wills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:48 AM

OK. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS