"Upgrade" to LOGOS 4

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30
Paul T. McCain | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 2 2010 3:12 AM

Is there any way to purchase just the LOGOS 4 for Mac engine without buying a "library"? I already own a lot of LOGOS software and I do not want or need the stuff in even the least expensive option, which is $330!!

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 3:21 AM

Indeed,

Just download it from the link in the first thread in this Forum!

The engine is free.

However.... some features are not enabled until a 'level' of base package is purchased. These (from my limited knowledge) seem to be mostly to do with original language features but perhaps include some media resource displays.

That said the download is pretty small, the installation of the engine pretty quick.

Then the installation of resources and subsequent indexing may take a few hours and monopolise your machine.

It is a good idea to do this just before going to bed and wake up to a new experience in the morning.

Posts 30
Paul T. McCain | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 3:34 AM

Yup, duh, just found the link and downloaded the software. Just so happened I came home last night to my Ancient Christian Commentary LOGOS resource, which IVP sold to me for only $135 as a continuity customer. And then woke up this morning to the news of the full release of LOGOS 4. I'm looking forward to installing the software and the ACCS LOGOS disk. And, I've got a boatload more LOGOS resources to install as well.

Good advice on how to get it all installed.

LOGOS 4 is "downloading resources" 4.21 gigs worth. No idea what they might be.

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 2 2010 4:17 AM

Paul T. McCain:
LOGOS 4 is "downloading resources" 4.21 gigs worth. No idea what they might be.

Many resources have been revised to make use of L4 features - Also if you have the licences cleared anything you own will now be downloading from the Logos Servers - you should find that when it is finished you don't have to load out of date CD based versions of your resources.

If you find that something you own does not download it would be better to shout up here - or Skype customer services than to clutter up your system with old files.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS