L3 nostalgia

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5807
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:43 AM

Some more  CBV and Dictionary Lookup System Tray Icons.....

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 5:20 AM

I REALLY appreciate the speed of L4's searching, the wonderful maps features, and a host of other new items. BUT, I really miss (almost desparately)

• the ability to almost instantaneously flip/toggle through various parallel resources (or, even bringing up the list of parallel resources which can take an unbelievable amount of time in L4) . The absence of this ability has caused me to neglect checking/reading many of my Bible translations.
  • the ability to change text sizes (whether full screen or individual resource) as rapidly as I can hit a keystroke
Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:47 AM

Dave Hooton:
  • Graphical Query (missed)
  • Morphological Search (the method)
  • Topic Search  (the method, not the results!)
  • Yes

Posts 4625
    RIP
    Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:04 AM

It may sound a bit "trite," but I miss the nice music when L3 opens.  The Logos Theme!

Just a brief hint of that on L4, but not nearly enough for me.

How many times over the years I would smile as I headed into my Biblical Studies using L3 at the sound of the music.  O.K.!  I'm ready to concentrate now on what I am endeavouring, I thought.

Wish that L4 would restore the music, giving those who don't appreciate the Logos Theme the opportunity to opt out.  Would please me greatly!

Peace to you!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 453
    Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:14 AM

I miss PBBs and Sermon File Add on

Posts 610
    John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:31 AM

Jonathan Burke:
    John Fugh, Jr.:
    However, I do miss the ability to install without the need of the Internet.  I want to be able to backup my notes, books, highlights, etc myself along with my license file and then reinstall it if I was in a position where I had no Internet.

You can do that with Logos 4. I've done it.

Would someone please point me to an article that demonstrates this?  Thanks.

Posts 8660
    TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:54 AM

John Fugh, Jr.:

Jonathan Burke:
    John Fugh, Jr.:
    However, I do miss the ability to install without the need of the Internet.  I want to be able to backup my notes, books, highlights, etc myself along with my license file and then reinstall it if I was in a position where I had no Internet.

http://wiki.logos.com/The_Internet

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 610
    John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:10 AM

Thomas Black:

John Fugh, Jr.:

Jonathan Burke:
    John Fugh, Jr.:

http://wiki.logos.com/The_Internet

Thank you, but I don't think I was clear.  I am not wanting to *use* Logos 4 without internet, I am wanting to backup books, notes, licenses, etc and reinstall *without* the Internet.  Jonathan said that he has done this.  I am looking for this information.

John

**EDIT** I am not trying to hijack this thread.  Please forgive me if it seems that I am.

Posts 449
    Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:22 AM

I miss the speed of L3. I love L4, but L3 was definitely faster. And, I am awaiting PBB and some other things mentioned above. L4 has a much better presentation and I think I get more out of it, but the speed can be annoying. It seems to have improved since Day One. [Oh yes, I ordered the right when it was released and it was SLOW.] Maybe I have gotten used to it. What I think has happened, though, is that I do not use the GO feature any more or as little as possible because it is so tedious. But, perhaps this is meant to teach me patience. I do need that... One day I might be able to purchase a better computer- probably in time for L5, which will require 24GB RAM and a 40TB hard drive and of course a 64GB DDR9 video card with nitrogen cooling. But, until then, I am fine. I use it and appreciate it.

Posts 8660
    TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 12:33 PM

John Fugh, Jr.:
    Thank you, but I don't think I was clear.
    Happens to me all the time.  [8)]

Perhaps this helps: Quick Installation onto multiple computers.  Just copy the folder as part way through the instructions and do the second half later to restore.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 26813
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:36 PM

Robert Pavich:
    i THINK that the GQ search is coming back right?

Bob mentioned something to that effect a while back!

Dave
    ===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19262
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:40 PM

Dave Hooton:

Robert Pavich:
    i THINK that the GQ search is coming back right?

Bob mentioned something to that effect a while back!

Yup, here it is (thanks to a link on "Logos Speaks"): http://community.logos.com/forums/p/3389/42013.aspx#42013

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS