Strange symbols in print/export

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:17 AM

I am getting strange symbols at the bottom of the page when I print using the new print export feature. Instead of printing "Exported from Logos Bible software" and the time and date (as it shows in the print/export window), I get unintelligible symbols. Any ideas?

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:39 AM

Hello Randy,

What printer do you have and does it have the latest printer drivers from the manufacturer installed?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:55 AM

Melissa,

I'm using the HP LaserJet P1006. I believe it has the latest drivers.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 19
Garfield Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:09 AM

I am trying to access the print/export feature in logos.  Do you know how I can find/turn on  this feature?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 4:02 AM

Garfield.

First, check your version of Logos. You must be running 4.1 (Help>About Logos Bible Software) which is only for Windows at this moment. If not, update using this link http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Then you can find the print command in the tile menu.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 11:16 AM

Randall Cue:
I'm using the HP LaserJet P1006. I believe it has the latest drivers.

Randy ~ Do you see the symbols in the preview, or in exported RTF, HTML or XPS documents?  If you do, can you attach a screenshot?  Thanks.

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:18 PM

Melissa,

I don't see the symbols in RTF, HTML or print preview. I don't know how to open e XPS document to look at it.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:42 PM

Randall Cue:
don't see the symbols in RTF, HTML or print preview. I don't know how to open e XPS document to look at it.

Double-clicking on the resulting .xps file generally opens the Microsoft XPS Viewer. If it doesn't know what to use to open the file when you double-click, could you attach the document file to this thread?

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 2:50 PM

Melissa,

I could not find the Microsoft XPS viewer on my computer so I'm attaching the file.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Melissa,

When attempting to attach the file I get a message that says it is an invalid file type. Here is the file name.

1_Corinthians__The_MacArthur_New_Testament_Commentary.xps

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:51 PM

Randall Cue:
When attempting to attach the file I get a message that says it is an invalid file type. Here is the file name.

You might try changing the extension from .xps to .zip, or send the file to Logos4Feedback@logos.com. Thank you.

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 6:47 AM

Hi Melissa,

Here is the file changed to a .zip. This whole situation is not a big problem and I feel guilty taking up so much of you time with it.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

3326.1_Corinthians__The_MacArthur_New_Testament_Commentary.zip

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 8:59 AM

Randall Cue:
Here is the file changed to a .zip. This whole situation is not a big problem and I feel guilty taking up so much of you time with it.

I got the file and when opened in the XPS Viewer, the "Exported from ..." footnote looks fine. The XPS document generally matches the printout, however, since it doesn't it may be that your print driver is not handling the text correctly.

If it is working for you to export to another format, such as RTF and print from Word, or other program, we won't look into it any further. If you prefer to print directly, though, you may want to make sure the driver is the correct one, as well as being up-to-date.

Posts 633
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:35 AM

Thanks Melissa

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS