Logos Mac Windows crossover question...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 70
Robert le Clus | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 7 2010 11:02 AM

Question for anyone. I now have my Logos for Mac downloaded and synced and all. I also have the software installed on Windows but it has none of the new resources. In fact it has not been updated since I got the original disk for Platinum. Is there an easy way to get up and running with the latest version without downloading all the resources again on Windows? I am sure there is, but I don't know how. And its not on another partition though. Its on my desktop PC. Logos 4 Mac is on my Macbook.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 11:23 AM

Robert le Clus:

Question for anyone. I now have my Logos for Mac downloaded and synced and all. I also have the software installed on Windows but it has none of the new resources. In fact it has not been updated since I got the original disk for Platinum. Is there an easy way to get up and running with the latest version without downloading all the resources again on Windows? I am sure there is, but I don't know how. And its not on another partition though. Its on my desktop PC. Logos 4 Mac is on my Macbook.

Any help would be appreciated!

Take a look at this  page. Maybe it can help. I have done this a few times with little troubles. It seems like I had some problems with a few resources once that had to be deleted and re-downloaded due to versions. This was when I was running PC Beta on one machine and Mac Beta on another. Honestly I don't remember the details.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:19 PM

Dewayne Davis:
Take a look at this  page.

Suggest Method 3 on this Wiki page => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Copy resources (from Mac to PC), scan them (on PC), then rebuild indexes.

Could sort resources by date on Mac and copy ones newer than resources on PC.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 70
Robert le Clus | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 7 2010 10:23 PM

Thanks guys. Worked perfectly. Most appreciative of the assistance :)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS