Logos 4 and Parallels.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 200
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 8 2010 10:03 AM

I have an issue.  I have had parallels on my Mac since I have had it.  I have run Logos 4 on both Mac and Parallells, nerver with any issues.  Last night I decided that I would install afresh Logos 4 on Mac.  Now, every time it says there are updates or that it is indexing, immediately when I click update and istall it decides to open the Logos 4 in PC on parallels and does not install at all for Mac.  What gives?  I have deleted Parallels from my computer, but now it will not even update, install, and reopen Logos for Mac.  Any advice?  Thanks!

Cliff

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 10:24 AM

When you deleted Parallels from your computer, did you run their uninstaller or just drag the app and folders to the trash? If you did the latter, you may need to run the actual uninstaller for Parallels (I know this because I recently removed Parallels from my system, opting to only use Bootcamp). 

If, the uninstaller doesn't work, you might try reinstalling from the current demo, and then uninstalling from the Parallels uninstall program.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 2:23 PM

Clifford B. Kvidahl:

Now, every time it says there are updates or that it is indexing, immediately when I click update and istall it decides to open the Logos 4 in PC on parallels

Mine does this every time since changing my Logos4Mac to the beta channel. I posted this somewhere else but have not received any response.

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 8:17 PM

You also might want to make sure you deleted everything from your original L4M install as well. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 8:32 PM

Michael Ballai:

You also might want to make sure you deleted everything from your original L4M install as well. 

Wiki page has links to Logos Mac Support along with Uninstall and Reinstall observations (including complete list of files to uninstall) => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting#Uninstalling_and_Reinstalling_in_Logos_4_Mac

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS