Logos Icon

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 9 2010 11:52 AM

Hey everybody,

I have a problem....I went to unpin my Logos icon from my taskbar (using Win 7) and it deleted the icon. I had originally dragged the icon from the program menu now there is no Logos icon there at all. How do I recreate a Logos icon on the desktop? Also cant find the file name in windows explorer.  

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 1814
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 12:02 PM

In Windows 7, my file is located at: C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Logos4

You can right click on it and select "Send to" > Desktop (Create Shortcut)  After it is on your desktop you can rename it to whatever you want to (just don't rename the file located under your user name's app data!).

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 12:12 PM

Hey Rick,

I dont seem to have an appdata file in my Michael folder. What next?

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 1:23 PM

Michael Huffman:

Hey Rick,

You need to be able to view hidden files in your explorer.

But here's an easier way: hit the windows key on your keyboard, or the windows button on the task bar. Type in "logos4.exe" in the search bar (at the bottom of the panel that pops up). When you see Logos4.exe, right click and look for "Open File Location." From there find Logos4.exe right click and choose create short cut, then drag the shortcut from explorer to your desktop.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 1:43 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Michael Huffman:

Hey Rick,

You need to be able to view hidden files in your explorer.

But here's an easier way: hit the windows key on your keyboard, or the windows button on the task bar. Type in "logos4.exe" in the search bar (at the bottom of the panel that pops up). When you see Logos4.exe, right click and look for "Open File Location." From there find Logos4.exe right click and choose create short cut, then drag the shortcut from explorer to your desktop.

nifty, Richard.  Must be nice to know all those techie shortcuts.  Good job!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 5:56 PM

Even easier. 

In windows 7, start the program.  Then right click the icon that appears on the task bar and pin it.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 6:01 PM

Thomas Black:

Even easier. 

In windows 7, start the program.  Then right click the icon that appears on the task bar and pin it.

geeesh.. I am brain dead.  I do that all the time, too. (meaning, the pinning technique, not being brain dead . . .)  And I called Richard's "nifty" lol.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 10:07 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Thomas Black:

Even easier. 

geeesh.. I am brain dead.  I do that all the time, too. (meaning, the pinning technique, not being brain dead . . .)  And I called Richard's "nifty" lol.

Sure, gut the OP wanted the icon on the desktop.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 6:23 AM

Is the only advantage to having Logos 4 pinned to your task bar in Windows 7, that you can start Logos without minimizing whatever else is running on the desktop?  Or is there other reasons?

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 3:58 PM

AFAIK Jerry, convenience is the only reason.  But it's reason enough.

Incidentally if logos is your second Icon on your taskbar than WIN+2 will load it.  :-)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 10 2010 4:33 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Dan DeVilder:

Thomas Black:

Even easier. 

Sure, gut the OP wanted the icon on the desktop.

well, Richard, for the brain dead, the task bar is the desktop!  Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS