Passage Guide and Horae Homileticae

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24297
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:25 PM

I ran a standard Passage Guide on Mark 4:35-41 and one of the commentaries that was returned was Horae Homileticae volume 12 (Mark-Luke)

Clicking on this link takes me to logosres:hh12;ref=Bible.Mk4.30-32 which relates to the grain of mustard seed in verses 30-32 and the next section in this resource relates to Mark 5:16-18.

As far as I can see there are only two references to verses in my requested range in this resource (and that is in a footnote at logosres:hh12;ref=Bible.Mk6.51-52;off=3227)

Can anyone explain why this resource is being returned or is it a bug of some sort?

Many thanks

Graham

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:54 PM

I've had that resource return a few "bogus" hits as well. Not sure exactly why, seeing that the verse(s) I'm studying aren't even covered.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 26400
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 8:01 PM

Graham Criddle:
Can anyone explain why this resource is being returned or is it a bug of some sort?

I don't have this resource but the behaviour is similar to other books which do not have a range that overlaps your PG range ie, it goes to the passage that precedes yours. So it is not a bug. You can, of course, choose to exclude books from the Commentary collection(s) you use in PG.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 24297
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 12:04 AM

Hi Dave

Thanks for the explanation

Graham

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 8:55 AM

Horae Homilieticae is really less a commentary and more a collection of Charles Simeon's sermons.

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:48 AM

It is not a bug. The PG will return hits even if the location is in the footnotes, which prove most of the time to he helpful as well.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 24297
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 12:24 PM

Hi Michael

Michael Huffman:
It is not a bug. The PG will return hits even if the location is in the footnotes, which prove most of the time to he helpful as well.

Thanks for this. Good spot!!

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS