Can I Set Prayer List to Open Automatically?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Nick Nicholaou | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 11 2010 5:08 PM

I love the prayer list!  Is there a way to have it automatically open when I turn on my Mac?  Or be included in my Logos program's home page?

Thank you,

Nick Nicholaou

Posts 5869
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 12:51 AM

Nick Nicholaou:

I love the prayer list!  Is there a way to have it automatically open when I turn on my Mac?  Or be included in my Logos program's home page?

Thank you,

Nick Nicholaou

I take it you have it displayed in the ribbon by using the 'Customize' button on the bottom left of the Home Page window?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 116
B. J. Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 7:58 AM

Mike,

Do you have a field for prayer lists in the customize home page section? I have checked mine and can't find any place to check to include it.

Posts 6
Nick Nicholaou | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 8:51 AM

Yes, it's in the ribbon, but what I'd really like to do is launch it independently and even set my system to start it when I turn on my computer.  That way I'd pray through the list more consistently since I don't normally open Logos every day of the week.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 9:58 AM

Nick Nicholaou:
Yes, it's in the ribbon, but what I'd really like to do is launch it independently and even set my system to start it when I turn on my computer.  That way I'd pray through the list more consistently since I don't normally open Logos every day of the week.

No such feature is available. You may wish to suggest it at http://logos.uservoice.com/.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 5869
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 10:49 AM

Hi B J

If you open a prayer list and give it a name that name should be on the 'Customize' list.

My list is called 'Promised Prayers'

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 11:01 AM

I am curious, does anyone else experience an extreme slowdown when the Prayer List is open in a pane? When it is open and my mouse moves across it, the whole app slows to a crawl while each line of the Prayer List individually highlights in what seems like slow motion (tracking the course of the mouse over the pane). I haven't seen anyone else mention this and am wondering if this is just me. I experience this on two separate systems with new installations.

Thanks.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 11:16 AM

Michael Paul:
When it is open and my mouse moves across it, the whole app slows to a crawl while each line of the Prayer List individually highlights in what seems like slow motion (tracking the course of the mouse over the pane).

This is an area of ongoing optimization.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 11:31 AM

Thank you for that word, David. It really does make me feel better to hear that from the dev staff. I know you all are working hard on optimization and I look forward to a more useable L4Mac.

Posts 116
B. J. Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 12:06 PM

Mike Binks:
If you open a prayer list and give it a name that name should be on the 'Customize' list

Thanks, Mike. I do have a prayer life, but I had never gotten around to using the feature in L4M. As soon as I created a prayer list, it showed up on the ribbon and in the customize home page section.

Posts 6
Nick Nicholaou | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 12:11 PM

It's great to have it in the ribbon, but it'd be nice if we could make it a part of the home page so it's in full display if we'd like too.

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 12:20 PM

I have a devotional layout that I use everyday when I'm doing my reading plan. My saved layout has the prayer list in a window. So as soon as I load Logos in the monring and launch my devotional layout I see my Bible reading plan, my prayer list, and my journal (in a note file). 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 6
Nick Nicholaou | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 4:47 PM

Okay, that's how to make this happen.  Here's what I did:

• On the Home Page, I clicked Customize in the bottom left corner.  There I told it not to open the Home Page at start-up.
  • Then I went to the three tools I use most, including the Prayer List.  I had each run floating, chose the layout I wanted (3 panels), and then docked them.
  • Then I named and saved my layout.
  • I closed and re-started Logos.

It now opens in the layout I want, which includes the Prayer List.  Yea!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS