Word comparison in all versions

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 12 2010 6:04 PM

I am looking for a way to quickly find how a word is translated in all of my interlinear bibles. Is there an easy way to do this?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 12 2010 8:50 PM

Tagged Interlinear resources - created Interlinear Bibles collection (using mytag:) - in an interlinear resource, right click word - lemma - morph search (in chapter) - option dragged Reference - can see word translated in all my interlinear bibles:

Also found a bug: look at previous column in John 1:1 (repeated 3 times).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 13 2010 7:05 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Tagged Interlinear resources - created Interlinear Bibles collection (using mytag:) - in an interlinear resource, right click word - lemma - morph search (in chapter) - option dragged Reference - can see word translated in all my interlinear bibles:

Keep Smiling Smile

Not exactly what I was hoping for.

What really should work, but doesn't seem to, is the Sympathetic Highlighting feature.

1. I have my interlinears in separate linked tabs with SH checked.

2. I highlight a word in the ESV with SH checked.

3. Click on the NIV tab.

4. The word may flash, but does not highlight.

5. Click on NRSV tab.

6. It does nothing.

However, if both of two books are in view, then if the ESV has focus, the highlighting will show up. But if I switch to another tab causing ESV to lose focus, the SH disappears again.

Maybe this is a bug? But it seems to be this way in the PC version as well.

For now I am just using the Text Comparison and browsing through the list. It would be a great feature to add for the TC to highlight parallel words in like colors.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS