Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 15
jwj | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 12 2009 12:38 PM

Anyone else have this problem? I launch Libronix Mac v. 1.2.2 (Mac OS 10.6.1 MacBook 2 GB RAM), do some things in the program. I leave the program running and work for a while in other programs (Word, Mellel, Safari, whatever). After some period of inactivity (say 10 min or so), Libronix crashes (KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000 appears in the log file).

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 2:25 PM

Kernal panics are usually the result of a hardware problem but can also be caused by software.  I generally keep Logos 1.2.2 open in the background while doing sermon or Bible study preparations.  I run MS Word 2008, Safari, and other programs at the same time and have never had Logos crash.  BTW, I'm running 10.6.1 on a 18 month old MacBook.

It's possible you're running out of memory or swap space.  How much hard drive space do you have remaining?  If you upgraded to Snow Leopard did you do a clean install rather than an upgrade?  The only thing I can suggest is to perhaps remove and reinstall Logos and its updates.  Rather drastic approach though. Perhaps someone else has a better idea for a fix.

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 6
Gary VanHorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2009 7:46 PM

I have been battling the same issue. LOGOS crashes when sitting idle. This was the case before and after the installation of Snow Leopard. I have sent several error logs to support over the past few months but never get a reply. I doubt this is a swap space or ram issue since since no other applications behave the same way. Reinstall does also does not change anything. Even if LOGOS is that only application running I have the same problem.

I would like to finally hear from support. My fear is that they are not responding because they don't have a fix for the issue.

Posts 2
John Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:35 AM

I have the same issues. Just crashes on a regular basis and I too have not heard from support.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2009 10:24 AM

John and Gary,

I'm sorry you haven't heard back from support. How are you sending your log files to them--via email to macsupport@logos.com or tech@logos.com? Our support staff are usually very diligent in responding in a timely manner.  Are you including the Libronix DLS log generated by Libronix (logging steps below), or just the crash report generated by the Mac OS? It can also be helpful to know the version of Mac OS, amount of memory, and whether your Mac has an Intel or PPC processor.

There are some known issues that appear to involve memory, which will be corrected in a future version of Logos for Mac. For now, I recommend quitting the program between use if you're running into problems after leaving it up for long periods. If you don't want to lose your work, you can save your open windows as a Workspace.

A Libronix DLS log file can provide helpful information, in addition to the crash reports. Here are instructions for turning on logging:

1) Quit Libronix and navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Libronix DLS/Scripts on the startup volume and double click EnableLogging.

2) Start Libronix (it may start more slowly than normal) and perform the actions that cause the crash to occur. 

3) Navigate to ~/Library/Logs on your home directory and send the LibronixDLS.log file to support.

4) Navigate back to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Libronix DLS/Scripts on the startup volume and double click DisableLogging.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 1
Octavian Jinariu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 9:18 PM

I am having the same issues but mine quits while I am using it. This does not happen with any of the other programs I am using. My Greek New Testament reading has become a liability and a temptation to employ profanity which, obviously, defeats the whole purpose of trying to have a quiet time.  I have a brand new Mac with 4GB of memory and some 250GB of hard disk space. The software is obviously not up to acceptable standards and the reliability, well, it is not there. I have tried to speak all day with a tech support representative and I had no success. I have used Libronix on a PC for years and loved it. However, because of the reliability issues I have decided to switch to Accordance. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS