Missing data for "series"

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 16 2010 7:05 AM

Hello

I noticed that the two new volumes of the "Opening Up" commentaries that came alive today (Acts and Galatians) lack the metadata for the series. Hence I had to assign them my "expository"-tag in order for them to be included in that commentary collection.

I believe there is a place to report missing or incorrect metadata but I can't remember where.

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 6
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 8:25 AM

This should already be fixed. You may need to restart Logos 4 so it downloads the updated metadata.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 4:40 PM

Lawrence Rafferty:

This should already be fixed. You may need to restart Logos 4 so it downloads the updated metadata.

Nope - I have restarted several times today, plus done Update Resources and Update Now, no change to the metadata.

Posts 6
Lawrence Rafferty | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2010 9:40 PM

The metadata that shipped with the resource was missing the series, so you do need the separate metadata update (which happens automatically at startup, separate from checking for program updates or resource updates).

If a metadata update fails, it should be flagged so it tries to download again the next time you run Logos 4. If you have logging enabled, the log file should indicate when it tries to update the metadata. If it succeeds it reports what gets updated. If you post your log file I'll look into it at work on Monday.

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:14 AM

Lawrence,

It doesn't work for me either. I've restarted Logos several times but the two volumes still have no series-tag.

I have the exact same issue with another commentary-set, the NIBC where two volumes ("Revelation" and "1 and 2 Peter, Jude") also miss the metadata for the series (New International Biblical Commentary). I bought this series as it came out in March. Until today any revised metadata has not been updated to my system.

Why is the revised metadata not automatically updated? Please advise me on what to do.

I've turned on logging but I simply can not find the log-files. I have a tablet-pc that I connect to a network at work so my folders look nothing like the normal way. Through searching I've managed to locate a log-file fram June (when I had another problem) but if Logos did generate a log-file now I simply can't find it.

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:59 AM

Andreas Holmberg:
I believe there is a place to report missing or incorrect metadata but I can't remember where.

The metadata wiki is the correct place, but I reported this as a bug elsewhere because new resources should be shipped with the correct metadata!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 17 2010 5:16 AM

This morning, I checked my log file, it says "Requesting all metadata newer than 2010-10-15T21:48:42Z", and then it says "0 metadata info objects retrieved from service." And the 2 resources have not had metadata updated as of this morning.

It sounds like something is awry on the server side.

Posts 383
Stephen Thorp | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 6:06 AM

It's still wrong on my system too - how long should it take to update this basic error?

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 7:31 AM

Please restart Logos 4 to get the latest corrections.

Thanks!

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 8:36 AM

Jannie van Niekerk:

Please restart Logos 4 to get the latest corrections.

Thanks!

I've exited and restarted Logos, run an update resources, then exited and restarted again...still no series metadata.  Am I missing something?  Has anyone else gotten the series update yet?

Posts 771
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 9:11 AM

It's not working here, either.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 27045
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 9:11 AM

Ron Keyston Jr:
Has anyone else gotten the series update yet?

Yes. Just now.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 9:33 AM

I have the update too!

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 18 2010 12:32 PM

I have it too. Great!

Now I'm hoping that the identical problem with the NIBC-commentary (launched in March) will also be dealt with. There are two volumes ("Revelation" and "1 and 2 Peter, Jude") in the NIBC that still don't have the series-tag.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS