LOGOS E-Book Cost - NEW POST

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 19 2010 11:24 PM

Yes Blair, I believe you and Jeremy and I are on the same page here. Smile

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 2842
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:38 AM

Fred,

I wish you well and thank God for your love for Jesus Christ. 

I do not agree with your characterization of the Logos company.  I respect your right to your opinion, and hope you respect mine. 

All of us can take an out of copyright text and convert it to an ebook format such as epub or mobi or pdf.  But to produce an ebook that intergrates with the massive Logos library is a much more difficult, technical, time consuming, and therefore, costly task.  That is why it is unfair to compare a book in esword or any other format to Logos.

The great thing about American capitalism is that no one is forcing us to buy any thing.  If you think Logos' prices are too high, you are free not buy them.  If one of the free formats meets your needs, you should use them.  (And remember that publishers have a say in the price of ebooks, not just Logos.)  There are certainly some Logos resources I have not bought because I thought they were too high.   

All I can say, is that I have no connections with Logos - other than being a customer - and they have always treated me in a Christian manner.  I have been a Logos customer almost from the start.

I think there is too much passion being expressed in this entire thread, and not just by Fred. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2842
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:49 AM

Having said too much, I will say two more things on this thread.

It was a great relief to me when I realized that God had not called me to correct everybody that was wrong about everything.  Sometimes I still forget that.

It is more important to love than to win an argument.  You can be right logically and wind up wrong with God.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:19 AM

Good thoughts Michael, thanks.

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 498
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:46 AM

Michael Childs:
It was a great relief to me when I realized that God had not called me to correct everybody that was wrong about everything.  Sometimes I still forget that.

Michael,

To help remind me of that, my wife likes to remind me with this:

Kinda makes it all seem a little ridiculous, huh?

(comic from xkcd.com)

Posts 1770
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:13 AM

Paul Newsome:
I wrote out my long rebuttal, highlighted it, then deleted it.  I feel much better now! Geeked Snail Yes

Me too, just not worth it. Kind of silly.

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:46 AM

The Names Dropped were Not Forum Names
But Private - E-mails Sent to me in hatred. My response if read is not that of REVENG.

Publising E-Booka dn the Cost is on topic

Call me.

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:50 AM

God Bless and Thank you Norman Meyer.

Too ALL!

I am stopping the Post. Simply to many people who do not care. And the fact I am still receiveing hateful e-mails means I am hurting other people by eliciting such replys.

God Bless

Fred Morgan

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 10:56 AM

Greg, Thanks for your reply... I have stopped the post and this is the last reply from me. As your response shows, the faithful can always find an answer. Don't get me wrong - Your are right on this occasion. however if your are truthful - it does not take long to see the discrepanceies in Volume and individual pricing. Especially using a CBD catalog. Note the Sales at CBD are the same I purchaed books at two years ago (ergo they are not really sales). Listing JUST 25 vOLUME EDITIONS

Posts 715
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 11:19 AM

I have refrained from responding to all of Fred's posts until now. I will refrain from much of what I want to say in the flesh. What I will say is this: To all Logos employees, and also the forum MVP's

You are appreciated. Please do not let one person with this type of attitude discourage you. Your work is a blessing from God to the Body and to me. I don't expect you to be perfect and I understand that you are a business. Keep on doing what you are doing and know you are helping to get the Word of God out in more effective ways than I could have thought possible just a few years ago.

I am a better Pastor/Preacher because of Logos.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 11:19 AM

Blair, Jonathan

Thanks for your reply. It really does not answer the topic of "Keyboarding Cost" as mentioned by Bob. However your point is valid.

But truth be told you can easily look around LOGOS' Library and find true "Keyboarding" discrepancies when which kinda disqualifies Bobs answer on keyboarding cost being the reason for high price. Nor to mention Keyboarding of the Basic material is almost already done in E-format somewhere. The discrepancy really comes in Sicking view when as stated before:

1. Take 25 large Volume CBD Hardbound Sale prices1 (1These prices are the same in almost every catalog for the past two years – ergo Not really a Sale – with exception of Inventory Sale Catalog)

2. Then Take the same 25 LOGOS E-Book Prices

3. Option Take any number of Other E-Bible Program Volumes of the same name.

What you find may turn your stomach unless live in an economic rage where this does not bother you.

ANYWAY.. This post to you is my Response on this Subject. I am receiving so many hurtful e-mails I must consider my subject is inciting others in a way that they are being Harmed or Sinning because of me.

I CONTINUE MY PAST TWO YEAR QUEST FOR – Radical Reformation , Anabaptist, Mennonite and other unpublished and ignored books to be published.

Regard and God Bless for your response

Fred J. Morgan

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 11:28 AM

To All

I am Stopping any reply to this Post.

Any names Mentioned on my Post with the exception of the Letter from Bob S. which he Posted, WAS NOT NAME DROPPING OF FORUM NAME... THEY WERE NAMES SENT TO ME BY E-MAIL!

Due to the fact that my post seem to some to be Revenge, or any of the other comments e-mailed me, means I have not been good at my postings.

Please accept my apologies. I will no longer be posting of any topics with the exception of my suggestion for Radical Reformation, Apostolic Church, Anabaptist, Mennonite and unpublished in LOGOS Public Domain Books.

Thank to all, If I have offended you please forgive me and God Bless

Fred Morgan

Posts 249
Fred J. Morgan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 11:29 AM

Great, Thanks! and God BlessBig Smile

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 12:21 PM

Fred --- I think you told an untruth.. You said you were stopping posting since you were hurting people. Then you posted 4 more times.... You've said your piece man... move on!

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 1:18 PM

Ummm! I wonder if his last name is Flintstone instead of Morgan...LOL...that "never let go" and "keep pounding on the same subject" attitude was typical in the pre-historic age.  Actually, it resembles very much like what little children do when they think they're right and want to prove to the whole world that they're right.

Don't worry Fred, I'll add you to my Logos prayer list.

Giovanni Smile

Posts 3395
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 1:20 PM

opps sorry i put this in the wrong place! Milkman needs more sleep. many apologies. My bad.

mm.

Posts 2842
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 5:18 PM

Greg,

What a wonderful cartoon.  Thanks for sharing.

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 20 2010 6:33 PM

Fred J. Morgan:

But truth be told you can easily look around LOGOS' Library and find true "Keyboarding" discrepancies when which kinda disqualifies Bobs answer on keyboarding cost being the reason for high price. Nor to mention Keyboarding of the Basic material is almost already done in E-format somewhere. The discrepancy really comes in Sicking view when as stated before:

1. Take 25 large Volume CBD Hardbound Sale prices1 (1These prices are the same in almost every catalog for the past two years – ergo Not really a Sale – with exception of Inventory Sale Catalog)

2. Then Take the same 25 LOGOS E-Book Prices

3. Option Take any number of Other E-Bible Program Volumes of the same name.

What you find may turn your stomach unless live in an economic rage where this does not bother you.

Fred, I haven't found any cases in which hardbound books are available cheaper than the Logos equivalent. This amazes me because the Logos equivalent has a lot more work involved, and far more expense, which includes all the meta-tagging and the linking of the book's contents to the rest of the resources in my library. You haven't yet provided any evidence for this 'discrepancy' you keep talking about.

Posts 652
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 21 2010 5:14 PM

Jonathan Burke:
Fred, I haven't found any cases in which hardbound books are available cheaper than the Logos equivalent.

http://www.amazon.com/The-ESV-Study-Bible/dp/1433502410/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287706399&sr=8-1

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5253

There aren't too many cases of these, but they do exist.

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS